Valued Contributor

For my fine hair, I like Schwarzkopf got2b fat-tastic thickening plumping mousse. I found it at Walgreens. Less than $10.

Honored Contributor

I'm always on the lookout for a volumizer too, I will check out some of these ideas!

Esteemed Contributor

GUTS...by Redken

Honored Contributor
My hair is natural grey silver, Wouldn't say it's fine or thin certainly isn't what it was in my youth. Agree with previous comments most important is the style, Great cut is the foundation to build upon. Last year chose updated bob chin length from shoulder best choice. Not only gives me fresh carefree style took years off longer hair was to overpowering. Shea Moisture SuperFruit Complex Renewal System in Shampoo and conditioner along with Hair Masque weekly gives my hair body incredible shine. Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Restoring Spray before using T3 Luxe Dryer never weighs my hair down and proteche. Styling product got2b playful texture cream pomade smallest amount. Ten minutes is all the time spent from start to finish. Live in Florida no problems with frizz. Hope this helps. Iam more than sure you'll find what works best for you.
Trusted Contributor

I have fine, thin hair with an embarrassing cowlick that my husband calls my bald spot.  I currently use a Living Proof mousse that I get at Ulta.  After styling, I use a fine tooth comb over the SPOT, and then add hair spray. That makes it look 100% better.   I plan on trying some of your suggestions. 

Honored Contributor

@mac116,  For any bald areas try Joan Rivers roots cover.  In a compact and comes with brush and it works.  It beats looking at a red scalp.  i have a cowlick too.  Hate that darn thing!     Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Do You have shorter hair?  My hair is just below my chin and it is the finest thinnest hair on the planet, but nobody knows that. And It's not a product that I use, but a tool.  The
Conair Infiniti Pro Spin Air Rotating Styler is amazing. It gives me body and volume without even using product, but add in a little mousse and vavoom!

Oh @PurpleBunny  I was wondering the barrel looks large on this tool...I have the finest baby fine hair also, but it's only chin lenght with some curl, would this work on shorter hair or are there different sizes of barrels...thank you

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Do You have shorter hair?  My hair is just below my chin and it is the finest thinnest hair on the planet, but nobody knows that. And It's not a product that I use, but a tool.  The
Conair Infiniti Pro Spin Air Rotating Styler is amazing. It gives me body and volume without even using product, but add in a little mousse and vavoom!

Oh @PurpleBunny  I was wondering the barrel looks large on this tool...I have the finest baby fine hair also, but it's only chin lenght with some curl, would this work on shorter hair or are there different sizes of barrels...thank you

I "think" there is another version with a different size barrel.   But this is fine for my shorter hair.  My hair is not much longer than yours and I wear it rolled under.   When I cut it, it's about chin length.   Your hair just has to be long enough to push the brush up under.  To me, it's a miracle tool. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

I "think" there is another version with a different size barrel.   But this is fine for my shorter hair.  My hair is not much longer than yours and I wear it rolled under.   When I cut it, it's about chin length.   Your hair just has to be long enough to push the brush up under.  To me, it's a miracle tool. 

Ok thanks @PurpleBunny  I think I will try this, thx for posting...

Respected Contributor

I use Paul Mitchell Tee Tree Lemon Sage Thickening Spray then a dab Nick Chavez soft flocker which gives a firmness to my soft hair. I also alternate between biolage voumizing shampoo and the paul mitchell lemon sage volumizing shampoo. I also use Nick Chavez plump and thick first on my damp dry hair. I do not use a conditioner in the shower because my hair is very soft. If I did, it would have no body at all. My hair is fine and soft, never dry. So I use the shampoo, the plump and thick, then the spray, last the soft flocker.