Honored Contributor

Voloom Hair "Iron" on HSN - TS 9-17

Any thoughts on this, I like volumn but nos sure about that, has any one used it before, thanks 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Voloom Hair "Iron" on HSN - TS 9-17

Replying to my self I am watching the presentation and saying to my self NO WAY,  this is not attractive

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

It seems you've already made up your mind.  I have it and it does work.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if a flat iron or round wand would do the same thing if used only at the root.

Respected Contributor

I have a HARD time getting lift at my roots due to having long hair, tried round brushes, ratting my roots (which looks worse in my opinion) flat irons.

Anyways...I'll be watching the show when I get home from work. And, watching for feedback here!

Contributor

Thought I'd chime in on this....I bought this a few months ago because I have thinning, thyroid hair.  It is cut in a standard not-quite-shoulder-length bob and I use it in the back and it works to create a puff.  Sometimes some of the crinkle shows thru but I'll take that for a fuller head of hair. 

Honored Contributor

It seemed most of the volume went sideways, not on top, where I need it most.
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:
It seemed most of the volume went sideways, not on top, where I need it most.

I noticed that too.  The reason the volume went sideways is because that's where they used the tool.  It's possible to get lift on the top, but that also depends on how one parts and styles their hair.

Respected Contributor

I was intrigued too.  But then looked at the women online and their hair looked like mushrooms.  So i am sticking to the round brush and blow dryer I alraedy own.

Honored Contributor

I pop a velcro roller or 2 at the crown of my hair, spray with hairspray, hit it with the dryer for a few seconds, leave them in my hair while I do my make-up and when I remove them....voila.  Volume and lift.  Those velcro rollers cost me a couple bucks.