Valued Contributor

I have been looking for a new fragrance since my favorite Coach Poppy Freesia can not be found anywhere anymore.  The Viva La Juicy deal is a great deal, but is it too" loud" a fragrance?  I like all the notes they list, but sometimes that is a little deceiving. You imagine it one way and it smells totally different when you smell it.  Can anyone describe the fragrance and would you recommend it?  The hosts I have seen present it never really describe the scent.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Viva La Juicy deal on HSN

@BetsyDoodle 

I can't help you with this scent but suggest you try Googling reviews for some additional info. That's always been a helpful source.

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS 

I have been looking at other retailers and several other sites and all the reviews for this fragrance are overwhelmingly great.  Most are 5 star and almost all reviews say they have been wearing this scent for years.  I was really suprised to find it rated so highly.  I just may have to try it. 

Occasional Contributor

I bought the Viva la Juicy last year as a Today Special on HSN.  I love it, and so do my daughters in their 20's.  I really think this Smart Deal is a better value than that one, so I canceled my auto delivery and ordered this one.

Contributor

Sadly, it smells soapy on me. I have 2 6.7 oz bottles that I use as an air freshner. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks @Manyorders @findjanedoe for your replies!

Trusted Contributor

Hi @BetsyDoodle ,

It's one of my favorite fragrances.

It is not an overpowering fragrance to me.

When I wear it, I can smell it around me and so can my husband, too. He likes it on me.

You can check out the fragrance notes at the fragrantica site to see what notes are in it.

I believe that it contains berries, mandarin, honeysuckle, jasmine, and vanilla, caramel and amber, to name some of the notes in it.

It's a fruity-floral.

Honored Contributor

@BetsyDoodle 

I bought this at Sephora a few years ago.  I tested it before buying.  I liked it.  Did I LOVE it, no.  I returned it but not because I didn't like the way it smelled on me.  I returned it because it wasn't anything exciting and or different.  I'd call it a very "common" fragrance.  Nothing that would turn heads, but nice.  I wasn't looking for "nice".  I was looking for something less common and more exciting.  Even tho scent is sooooo different for everyone, I'd consider this a safe scent...most are going to find it pleasant and most are most likely going to own it.  Fruity and dries down to vanilla

Valued Contributor

@Toppers3 @monicakm 

Thanks for your replies!  @Toppers3 I looked up the notes on the site you refernced and it is pretty similar to the Coach fragrance I mentioned in my original post.  I appreciate all the opinions!

Thanks!