Respected Contributor

I have small amounts of sun damage and no vitamin C product has helped at all.  I have tried various brands including PTR, Mad Hippie, the Ordinary powder, the Philosophy powder, etc.  On top of not helping, vitamin c can cause a lot of irritation on my skin. So choose carefully because the PTR one gave me long lasting exzema like conditions on my chin.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I have always heard you need Vit. A, C, and E for your skin.

However, I believe a trip to a good dermatologist is the wisest way to spend money.  I also think inquiring about laser treatments is more productive.  

I don't think any of the OTC stuff is really very effectice and I don't think spending a lot of OTC gets you more than spending that same amount at the derm's office. 

@Sooner    IMO, many OTC skincare products don't have the concentration of active ingredients to do the job. I'm not sure if they even state the % of Vit. C or Retinol in a product. A lot of the time, the active ingredient is the 5th or 6th one if listed...not much. 

@Shanus The only thing I know and have proven to myself for years is that Trish McEvoy's vitamin C cream overnight makes my face look better.  More even skin tone, better texture, etc. to SOME degree.  It amazes me and I always use it if I want to look better for some event.

Otherwise, I am not confident any of it makes a real difference,  because I can't see it.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife   #3 ... such a cool idea.   I like to blend things too. 

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

You'll get as many recommendations as there are posters on this board.  We all have our favorites.

Mine is:   Amara Beauty Vitamin C serum (AmaraBeauty dot com).  I've been on auto-ship for over 2 years because I absolutely love all their products.    They also have Vitamin C cleanser and cream.  

I just ordered some of the vitamin C Serum and her eye cream....The prices are great, and I love her name(its the name of my yougest granddaughter). lol!!!! Excited to try~!  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Vitamin c treatment

[ Edited ]

I had used the Obagi Vitamin C Serum. It was my plastic surgeon that she prescribed. I do not use it now as all of those dark patches are gone.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Valued Contributor

I've used Drunk Elephant, Obagi, The Ordinary, and Kiehl's Vitamin C. Of all of these, I prefer the Drunk Elephpant, but it's a bit pricy. The Obagi gave great results, however, it stings a bit. I didn't care for The Ordinary Vitamin C as it irritated my skin. 

Good luck in your search. I would recommend that you always wear SPF and by that I mean a separate SPF. The SPF in makeup is far from sufficient. 

Respected Contributor
I use Timeless vitamin C. I order directly from their site, as it's made fresh when you order. I wasn't pleased ordering it from Amazon, seemed old. I keep mine refrigerated. I have a couple of sun spots, and it does not fade them. Neither did Serious skin care pads, Mad Hippie, and a few others I tried. Honestly, I haven't had any success removing sun spots, and mine are few, and light, even after using glycolic products too. I think vitamin C is good, but not for spots...for me anyway. I'll add, I dont even understand why I have some spots...I always wear a high spf, but I'm very fair, and live in Florida 🤷‍♀️.
Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN -- I hope you like Amara products as I do.  Please let me know what you think.  I also recommend their Retinol Cream -- and their customer service is very responsive and helpful.  Good luck!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt