Contributor
Ladies, I am new to using vitamin c but understand that it's highly unstable. I have researched homemade vitamin c serums using powder. Is all vitamin c powder the same? I know philosophy has some but could I go to the vitamin shop and just get vitamin c powder to mix with my face cream? Thanks for your help!
Honored Contributor
That would be cool! I can't wait to hear the answers but until that happens I do know that skinn also has C powder and it's much cheaper than philosophy's. I personally have not tried it but have heard a few good things about it here. it would seem perfectly reasonable to be able to walk into a GNC and pick up some stable C powder that can be added to cosmetics right?
Contributor

I was reading reviews on-line on vitamin c powder and it sounds like most people make their own serum adding water and glycerin, mixing it and pouring it in a dark glass dropper bottle to protect it. I would like to just add it to my moisturizer (I don't like complicated!) but some reviews said it's gritty and won't absorb well. I hate to have to order a bottle, glycerin, etc..

Any thoughts?!

Respected Contributor
On 8/24/2014 Andreatoo said: That would be cool! I can't wait to hear the answers but until that happens I do know that skinn also has C powder and it's much cheaper than philosophy's. I personally have not tried it but have heard a few good things about it here. it would seem perfectly reasonable to be able to walk into a GNC and pick up some stable C powder that can be added to cosmetics right?

The subject of vitamin c...I could write a book!...I know there was much discussion on these forums in the last couple of weeks...so what I'd suggest is you search on "Vitamin C Powder" in the Beauty Banter search box. There are several threads that should help with most of your questions...very informational, and you can make up your own mind how you wish to proceed. I've used the Skinn Vitamin C Powder for several years and recommend highly. The quality is high and the price is low...even more so at the bay. Adding Vitamin C Powder to carriers; i.e. skincare is a good thing IMO, and I do it every day.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?