Frequent Contributor

Hi Harpa:  Can you tell me when you use the Vitamin C serum-- AM or PM?

And do you use other DeVita products or just their serum? TIA 

Respected Contributor

I wonder if taking L-Ascorbic Acid in a supplement form would be better.  Does anyone having any thoughts on that?

It comes in a capsule, would it give the overall same results?  It's a whole lot less expensive and wouldn't have the same stability issue.

Honored Contributor

@kcc wrote:

Hi Harpa:  Can you tell me when you use the Vitamin C serum-- AM or PM?

And do you use other DeVita products or just their serum? TIA 

C serums are usually recommended for daytime use because they offer some sun-protection factors and will also enhance any other spf products that you might be using.

@kcc

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Texasmouse. One thing that helps Vit. C last longer is not letting the dropper touch your hand or your face. Just drop it on 1/4" away & then apply to area. (Tip from my derm).

@Shanus

Good tip. Thank you! ☺

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much SilleeMee. I never knew that it offers some sun-protection factors. Very good to know :-)

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I wonder if taking L-Ascorbic Acid in a supplement form would be better.  Does anyone having any thoughts on that?

It comes in a capsule, would it give the overall same results?  It's a whole lot less expensive and wouldn't have the same stability issue.

I'm no skin care expert but I do know that taking C supplements is good for you and your skin for many reasons but I don't think it will act the same as when you put it on top of the skin. The body can only absorb as much C that it needs and the rest is excreted. Topical C is used because the body can't do this on it's own. @Sunshine Kate

Esteemed Contributor

@kcc

Yes, I use the vitamin C serum in the a.m. If I were not using retinol in the p.m., I would use it in the p.m. as well.

@Sunshine Kate

I don't think oral supplementation takes the place of a topical application because there is more to topical vit C than antioxy protection.

At the same time, I am a strong proponent of supplementing w/ vit C, including raw colored fruits & vegetables, et.al.. A good diet is key to healthy skin. I may be in the minority, but I actually overload w/ vit C (in supplement & other forms) throughout the day, which is why (I believe) I never get sick (and don't have age spots.)

@Shanus

TY for the reminder about not touching droppers! (That is what the eye solution makers recommend -- not touching the tips of the solution bottles.)

Honored Contributor

Whew, some of the ingredients in that Drunk Elephant serum are quite a mouthful.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Whew, some of the ingredients in that Drunk Elephant serum are quite a mouthful.

Hi, JLF!

You mean like

Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane & Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane

14 & 15 syllables! (I think)

Frequent Contributor

Boy you're right JeanLouise! Thank you Harpa. Thank you for the reminder. I have oral caps of vit. C but only take when I am 'starting' to feel crummy. Need to take all year as Linus Pauling advocated. And I think it's time for me to try Devita 17% vitamin C. I remember you mentioned that awhile back. Enjoy your day everyone~