Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamin C serum - Cellex C opinions?

@islandgrrl wrote:

I am a devotee of Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum.  The price varies from place to place but I usually spend about $28 for 1.02 oz.  LOVE this stuff.

Try buying Mad Hippie from Pure Formulas or from Jet websites, great prices there.

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro which NuFountain? I've tried two different ones and I felt they oxidized really quickly, even though I changed out their dropper to a pump. You used to be able to order it with a pump but they stopped doing that. I liked the fomula but just was not thrilled with how quickly it turned.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Bella Carro which NuFountain? I've tried two different ones and I felt they oxidized really quickly, even though I changed out their dropper to a pump. You used to be able to order it with a pump but they stopped doing that. I liked the fomula but just was not thrilled with how quickly it turned.

@HappyDaze, sorry I just saw this.  I haven't used the NuFountain in about two years but I recall liking the 20% serum.  I agree it it does oxidize fairly quickly but that is the nature of l-ascorbic acid.  Can't remember where but I recently read of someone storing their C serum (any, not NuFountain in particular) in the fridge wrapped in tinfoil Woman Surprised  I just rec'd my ascorbic and ferulic from LotionCrafters.  I plan to mix up a small amount, maybe 20 grams, in an HA serum.  If that is a real pia then I'm going to give NuFountain a whirl again.  

Dont get me wrong, I really like NCN's C but it's all going to oxidize very quickly.  My current mindset is to get a good formula with that expectation and be happy to have it last thirty days.  Might as well spend less $$ if I can.  Hopefully, NuFountain's ingredient sourcing issues are behind them.