Super Contributor

Let's hear your recommendations for a good Vit. C Moisturizer for night time (not a serum).

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@seaswirl wrote:

Let's hear your recommendations for a good Vit. C Moisturizer for night time (not a serum).

Thanks.

@seaswirl   I use my Vit. C (serum) in the morning. At night, is Retin A or a moisturizer too heavy for daytime.

Respected Contributor

@seaswirl   This may be just me, but I prefer to use a serum for my Vit C and my retinol (Vit A).  I would use the C serum in the a.m. and the A serum in the p.m.  I would always cover both with a good, thick moisture cream, often with an argan oil on top.  I think the serums are more capable of soaking into the skin.  I like Serious Skin Care products.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Unless it's a specific type of VC, most VC moisturizers are just that.. moisturizers and nothing else. VC is much too unstable to work effectively in a moisturizer because VC is rapidly oxidized by water and air which are both present in most moisturizers. Best to use VC in a serum designed to give you the most of what it can do and then use a regular moisturizer on top of that.

Honored Contributor

Peter Thomas Roth's Potent-C Bright and Plump moisturizer looks pretty good. It has 10% Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, which is oil soluble and could work in a moisturizer.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Peter Thomas Roth's Potent-C Bright and Plump moisturizer looks pretty good. It has 10% Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, which is oil soluble and could work in a moisturizer.

Yes, THD ascorbate is a special kind of VC which is highly stable in the presence of water and air. I make my own serum with THD ascorbate and I make it so it doubles as my moisturizer. @Porcelain 

Super Contributor

These are all GREAT suggestions.....let me amend my post to ask for recommendations for your suggestions!..... Vit. C, Vit. A, and good moisturizer.  Currently I use Oil of Olay (in the red jar) in the morning, and just a bare face at night.

Honored Contributor

@seaswirl   You may like Vitamin Nectar Glow Moisturizer by Fresh.  With vitamins C, E and B5.  Fresh now offers "AfterPay" so you can make 4 installments if you like.  fresh.com   This is perfect for a night cream.  I have it at home.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Mad Hippie just launched one.  I have not tried it but it sounds interesting.  I think it's only on their website right now - too new to have made it to the usual places yet, but it'll get to them before too long.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer my Vit C in a serum because it soaks into my skin in a flash.   That said, I've used Avalon Organics Vit C cream in a jar in the past.   Avalon Organics products are sold at some drugstores and health food grocers.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt