Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies-

I recently received a free sample of a very expensive Vitamin C+E serum in the mail.  After using this for the past week and a half, I must say I do notice a difference in my skin and how my makeup applies (for the better).  

The price of this serum is ridiculously expensive, but even if it was not, I would not purchase because the company is not cruelty free.

I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a cruelty free serum that would be good for sensitive skin.  I tried Timeless about a year ago, but it was too strong for my skin and I ended up tossing it.  I believe the Timeless was a 20% vitamin C, and the sample I am using (almost out) is 15%.

TIA!

Respected Contributor

What is the brand of the free sample?

Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamin C + E Serum

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss,  I am a sensitive skin girl too.  I purchased Mad Hippie Vit. C serum and it is very nice.  It's $22 I think; I know that when I researched it, it was much higher elsewhere close to $30.  I bought the Mad Hippie at iherb.com and if you spend $20 you receive free shipping.  I actually am anxious to try Josie Maran's Argan Oil MILK but I am waiting for easy pay or I may end up trying it out on her website the travel size.    Good luck.  Cat Happy  I purchased the Pop Sonic Leaflet from QVC and this has made an extreme change in my skin texture.  It is so soft and smooth.  I love washing my face using this product and I also apply my Vit. C serum with it.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I also have sensitive skin and I swear by NuFountain on Amazon.  They make the serum when you order it, made in Colorado and is cruelty free.  The have several variations, most have 20%  L-Ascorbic Acid which is active vitamin C, anything below 10% won't work well.

I swear by this brand, have been using for three years.  It helped fade my melasma and age spots.  Right now I am using the C20+ Lightening but read the ingredients, you may just want to start with the straight vitamin C one to see how your skin reacts.  Great price and real products with no fillers.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 I also have sensitive oily breakout skin & am interested in the Leaf. I'm hesitant to try it since I had a horrible experience with the Clarasonic, it caused broken capillaries & I made sure to be very gentle with it. Wondering if the vibration the Leaf would cause broken capillaries too.

Valued Contributor

Thank you, KatCat1 for the suggestion on Mad Hippie.  I will definitely look into this one!

Valued Contributor

Hi Sullw-

Thank you for your reply!  I am going to do some research everything suggested.  NuFountain is a brand I haven't heard of before, but sounds interesting.

Valued Contributor

Hi Montana -

The free sample was Skinceuticals c e ferulic serum.  

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@Katcat1 I also have sensitive oily breakout skin & am interested in the Leaf. I'm hesitant to try it since I had a horrible experience with the Clarasonic, it caused broken capillaries & I made sure to be very gentle with it. Wondering if the vibration the Leaf would cause broken capillaries too.

I've used both the Clarisonic and the Foreo Luna and cheaper Foreo's from Amazon. The Clarisonic (even the sensitive brush) was too harsh and started to cause broken capillaries. The Foreo and dupes do not bother my skin at all.  Love, ❤️ my Foreo and my dupes. 

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51,   Years ago I used a facial brush on my face that I purchased from Whole Foods == I was so foolish.  Broken caplillaries; however, they can also come with age I have read.  You can take the Leaflet down to the lowest setting and it is very mild.  I only take it down 3 times for my cheek area and under eyes.  You have to remember you are moving the Leaflet around your face and it's not sitting in one area.  It has immediately started to clean out my pores too.  My skin is now very soft and smooth.  I love this little tool.  I will never put another brush on my face.  I purchased it because it said it was for sensitive skin.  

kindness is strength