Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

My skin isn't getting a beneficial amt of Vit D since I'm allergic to the sun and now the 1-2 times I year I do sit out in the sun, I can't enjoy it because of all the sun damage hyperbole Smiley Sad  DH and I  were sitting in the sun a couple of weeks ago when we had a cool front.  It felt so good on my face but the whole time I was afraid I'd look like a raisin that night Smiley Surprised  Every time I have my levels checked, they're good.

Honored Contributor

I will talk to my Dr about it at my next appt.  The higher dose was recommended because of my MS.  Might not have anything to do with it but haven't suffered any physical MS issues since the mid 90s to early 2000s and that was a result of getting extremely over-heated and extremely mad/upset at the same time.  It was an incident with a very rude and condescending tile salesman.  My MS symptoms are heat and cognitive related except when I temporairly lost my vision in '92

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

How Much Vitamin D Do We Need? - Rogue Health and Fitness | P.D. Mangan

@SilleeMee, I'm below that red line.  

Respected Contributor

Doctor told me to keep taking Centrum Silver. Had it tested and was in normal range. I follow doctors orders.

Esteemed Contributor

Check out A+D ointment.  It's skin emoillent.

Valued Contributor

My D is always low even with a high dose prescription and Calcium is high. I'm being tested for Parathyroidism.