Respected Contributor

Viola Davis Was Just Named the Newest Face of L'Oréal Paris

L’Oréal Paris's list of brand ambassadors is a who's who of powerhouse women: Jane Fonda, Eva Longoria, Camila Cabello, Helen Mirren, and Celine Dion — to name a few.

The latest addition that could not be more worth it? Viola Davis.

On Tuesday, the beauty brand announced that the Oscar winner would join its already impressive league of diverse reps as its newest face. Davis is set to appear in ad campaigns for L’Oréal's Age Perfect, the brand tells Allure.

The actress also announced her new partnership on Instagram, alongside photos of her sporting flawless skin, a red lip, and her natural hair. "The self affirming words of, 'Because I’m worth it' have always given me chill bumps," Davis penned. "What a joy it will be to not just say them over and over again...but to spread the message of worth to women around the world. It is a gift.

Speaking with L’Oréal, the How to Get Away With Murder star elaborated on what it meant to her to be a beauty ambassador at the age of 54.

"As someone who is, self-proclaimed, not a "classic" beauty, my ultimate hope is that women out there are inspired by my image," she said, per a press release. "I hope to convey that there is beauty to every age. Youthfulness is beauty in its most obvious sense, there's classical beauty, but with age and experience come confidence — and there is nothing more beautiful to radiate than that. When you reach a certain age, the playing field is leveled in terms of looks, and what you're left with is your self-worth and how you impact others. I want people to realize that this is the only thing that stands the test of time."

Viola Davis 

Respected Contributor

Re: Viola Davis Was Just Named the Newest Face of L'Oréal Paris

I love her and I love her attitude.

She's beautiful inside and out!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

She’s gorgeous, good on her and L’Oréal.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

She's beautiful, but, someone really doesn't know how to use the Smudge Tool in Photoshop. WTH did they do to her around her eyes, her mouth and along her jaw and all the way down the rest of her neck?!  Actually, all over. 

Honored Contributor

She's SUCH a talented actress.  The hair style isn't particularly what I would pick.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful lady.

I love that she went for natural hair. I'm tired of seeing naturally textured hair flat ironed or rollered into submission.

Let those curls rock!

Honored Contributor

Good for Viola.  She will make a nice addition.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Amen for natural hair!  She looks gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to Viola Davis, she is a great choice!  I also loved what she said at her press conference, very impressive and true!  Uplifting post, Imt !!!!

Honored Contributor

Perfect choice, I admire her so much. Just Google her life story about growing up in such poverty and about what she does now to help others. Truly beautiful inside and out.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"