Honored Contributor

Vie Beauti - Letter from Amazon

[ Edited ]

Did anyone receive a letter like this?  It was in a plain envelope, nothing on the outside to indicate it was from Amazon.  I'm suspicious. 

IMG_2494.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Vie Beauti - Letter from Amazon

Ordered the same time, didn't recieve this letter. 

Trusted Contributor

You could always contact their customer service dept. to see if they sent that out to you.

Trusted Contributor

I've gotten those a few times.  It's not from Amazon but the 3rd party vendor that sells on Amazon.  They want you to give them a (good) rating in return for a free gift which is technically against Amazon policy.  They're pumping up their ratings by doing this.  

Honored Contributor

I would air on the side of caution and not join any such group, cant trust anyone today. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I got that same letter in my mail today. I threw it in the trash. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  - I would be very suspicious of this.

Respected Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

I've gotten those a few times.  It's not from Amazon but the 3rd party vendor that sells on Amazon.  They want you to give them a (good) rating in return for a free gift which is technically against Amazon policy.  They're pumping up their ratings by doing this.  

This^^^ I got the letter, too. The "5" on the text likely somehow gets transferred to their ratings. I have to say that if I hadn't read the testimonials on here and had ordered it only based on ratings, I would have felt duped. My letter went into the trash!

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 wrote:

You could always contact their customer service dept. to see if they sent that out to you.

I contacted CS.  They said not to believe it. I emailed them the picture. I think it's from the vendor, not really Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me it's OBVIOUSLY from the vendor and not from Amazon so they are lying. I'd trash it for that reason.

Plus Amazon always is spelled with a capital A. That error is a dead giveaway that it's not from them.