Contributor

Re: Vie Beauti - Letter from Amazon

Yes, I got the same letter 2 days ago.  But it was a second letter.  The first one I got about 2 weeks ago,  was from some woman who's return address was on the outside of the envelope.  She explained that she worked for the company and wanted me to rate the product, and then I would get a free one as a gift.  I reported this to Amazon via email yesterday - have not heard a reply from them.

Honored Contributor

My only concern about that letter is that it could be a reason for Amazon to suspend them from selling on Amazon. Then what? I'd have to pay full price for my lash serum from LB's website. Not good.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   I got it.  Looked VERY SUSPICIOUS.  It is obviously NOT Amazon since it came on that kind of stationary and a plain envelope.  I even called Amazon.  Not them.  I sent a message to the vendor to find out if it was them.   Waiting to hear back.  NOT SCANNING ANYTHING,  no matter what they are promising (although I remember hearing that someone last year got the same thing,  did the survey and never got the gift).    Threw it out.

Honored Contributor

Like I told my kids as teens "If something seems wrong, most likely it is. Trust your gut"....

Esteemed Contributor

I would definitely call Amazon Customer Service to find out whether it is legitimate. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My only concern about that letter is that it could be a reason for Amazon to suspend them from selling on Amazon. Then what? I'd have to pay full price for my lash serum from LB's website. Not good.

Free gift or not, I'd give this product a good rating.  I'm satisfied with it.  I'd hate for them to be suspended @SilleeMee .

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I would definitely call Amazon Customer Service to find out whether it is legitimate. 

You must have missed my post where I said I did this. 

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch I think you should send a copy of the letter to Amazon. They would not be happy with these sellers. 

You must have missed post #9, @BlueFinch 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I received a reply from the vendor/manufacturer who sells Vie Beauti.  They asked to see a copy of the letter and said they would research.   From the vagueness of their response,  I sensed that they absolutely knew what is going on with these letters but did not want to admit or commit to a reply.   I wouldn't care if they sent out letters on THEIR STATIONARY,  but to say the are "LEE FROM AMAZON" is deceitful and WRONG.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@BlueFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch I think you should send a copy of the letter to Amazon. They would not be happy with these sellers. 

You must have missed post #9, @BlueFinch 

@JeanLouiseFinch Yes, missed it. Thanks for pointing it out and I'm glad that you checked it out with CS.