Honored Contributor

Re: Video going around facebook about WEN

@151949 wrote:

From what i saw on the news tonight it seems Chaz Dean's total defense is to say "Well, they can't prove anything" OK - they don't have to - all they need to do is parade hundreds of bald or partially bald women past an impartial jury and WHAM - Chaz is toast.I too noticed he did not say WEN doesn't cause baldness he only said you can't prove it did.

Why should he have to say that it doesn't cause baldness? It goes without saying that he doesn't think that it does. It's not the defendant's responsibility to prove the prosecution's case.

The prosecution will at some point need to come up some facts, some data that prove that Wen has injured people. And no, a truly "impartial jury" should not find a parade of people with assorted degrees of hair loss a substitute for such facts or data.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@151949 wrote:

When many women are suddenly going bald and the only common demoninator is using WEN that is pretty darn hard to deny. If I were on a jury I would be voting for the ladies. Also - many say as soon as they stopped using WEN and went back to regular shampoo their hair started to regrow. That is even more convincing.

My hair did not start to regrow after I stopped. If I was on that jury we would be there a very long time because I would vote in favor or Wen no matter what. I don't think they can prove Wen is the cause. Too many other factors.

I have been a WEN user for years, but if they had scientific evidence that WEN caused hair loss, I would vote against WEN and stop using it. As of today, I've seen zero evidence that any ingredients in WEN cause hair loss and I don't believe it does. Bring on the science and show me how WEN causes hair loss. I'm not buying it based on hearsay and videos on Facebook.

I agree with @ChynnaBlue about Wen.  I have been using Wen for a couple of years and my hair is the best that it has ever been.  Wen doesn't cause hair loss and if these women are experiencing hair loss they should have consulted a doctor before blaming a hair care product.  

Respected Contributor

@Mimichic wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

LOL nobody died. 

It's called an "analogy". I knew not everyone would get it. 

Everybody got it.  Your "analogy" was drama, plain and simple.  Same ol same ol.

Valued Contributor

@Susan25 I was reading comments from many of the people on Facebook claiming that they had Hair Loss and all of them..before they BLAMED IT ON WEN use,consulted their Doctors and all had tests for all types of things that might cause Hair Loss..when eveything came up NEGATIVE..they told thir Doctors about WEN.. and that's why they all concluded it was the Wen and stopped using it...

Contributor

I do not say this lightly, but I have been using Wen for the past year and over the last few months I have noticed loss of hair. I am not sure about the scientific evidence they have gathered, and it would certainly be helpful to find out more. I have only checked the first page of this blog, so this call may already have been answered. Can anyone point out where to find more information about the scientific research/evidence referenced ?Thanks!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was on news 4 on tues.

Honored Contributor

I notice that other vendors on QVC tell you not to get leave in conditioners on your scalp because they will clog your pores, esp. Nick Chavez.

Trusted Contributor

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/12/15/chaz-dean-wen-hair-care-sued-for-severe-hair-loss/?...

interesting comments from an Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology ....such as 

"....In the grand scheme of things, 200 people is not that many. If you look at how many product sales that they probably have, I suspect it’s just a drop in the bucket,” she said. “I really think what they’re going to find is just a vast majority of these are coincidence and mainly caused by hair loss that’s unrelated to the product.”

and "...here were pictures of women who have typical female pattern hair loss. There were also pictures of people with alopecia areata, which is an autoimmune form of hair loss.”

and "There would have to be some sort of link between one or more of the ingredients in particular. We don’t know this for sure, but most of the products listed are generally-accepted safe. Most are just standard ingredients,” she explains. “There are a lot of natural ingredients and so, is there a chance that someone could develop a contact dermatitis to one of the plant-based products? Possible.”

live....laugh....love