Honored Contributor

Title of You Tube Video.  Just cut and paste into You Tube Search Bar...WARNING THESE ARE THE 9 MISTAKES THAT WILL DESTORY YOUR MAKEUP   

Respected Contributor

Re: Video from Nikol Johnson

@monicakm  I saw it the other day and good reminders.  Thanks for posting. For example I get lazy and don't prime my eyes before shadow. I ordered the brush cleaner. Seemed like a nice compact cleaner with the cap to be used agitate the brushes  all in one. Amazon also carries it as well as Ulta.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm 

Thanks so much ! I have been following Nikol for several years . Once I decided to go silver her and the late Cindy Joseph were my inspiration. I thik Nikol's tip and positve message are great for all women over 40 .

Thanks again 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking of Nikol Johnson, I saw her video where she discourages using make up remover pads. I always use them, so this was surprising to me. However, she further explained that they are not to be used to clean, and many women think that the pads can be used for that purpose. Directions say that remover pads are for removing makeup, nothing about cleaning. I always wash and cleanse my face after using the pads, so I figure that works. 

In the same video she also discouraged women not to buy large eyeshadow palettes, to buy only small ones. She said that most women she knows never use all the colors in a large palette (those with over 10 colors, for ex.)) and it's a waste of money.  I know it would be wasted money for me because I don't wear shadow every day. I only buy what I know I will use. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Gorgf 

I try to remember to prime my eyes but don't always remember to do it.  But I do ALWAYS  remember to wear primer on my face before foundation or tint.  So many steps and not always enough time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw 

Most all the beauty vloggers I watch on YT say not to use makeup wipes to remove makeup but none of them fully explain the process.  For the last couple of years I've been using oil to remove makeup and then continue with a rice wash and a rice powder for gentle exfoliation.  Before discovering the oil, I would use a makeup wipe remover but I didn't stop there.  I would follow  with a cleanser.  They don't say it's ok to use the wipe if you follow it with other cleansers.  It seems like one person made the statement and they all followed it.  Unless you're sensitive or allergic to the product, I don't see why a person couldn't use the wipes if they follow up with a "real" cleansing routine.  

Does anyone else feel like wipes are bad even if it's just the first step in a multi step cleansing process?

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Large eyeshadow palettes...sigh, guilty and I'm not even going to try to justify my 30+ palette obsession.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw   Back in the days of Color Me Beautiful, the consultant I met with gave me similar advice.  Told me that with my coloring, I was unlikely to ever need more than 2 shades of any makeup.  Every time I have ignored that advice, I ended up not liking the look.  

Between working with that knowledge and issues with my eyes that forced me to give up almost all makeup near them, I save enough money on makeup that I almost don't feel guilty about the cost of a monthly color, cut, and style for my hair.  Almost.

Honored Contributor

Now this may come off sounding snarky but when I saw this woman's eyebrows, the first thing I thought of was this must be a list of don'ts and she is going to tone down the brows.😳😳 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting, @monicakm .  I haven't watched her before.  I like her.  I always wear eye primer because my lids are so discolored but I am the worst at brush washing.  I have a similar product for cleaning from Sigma but I am going to order what she used.  I like those.  Just too lazy.

I also haven't used an eyelash curler in as long as I can remember and just roll my brush to push my eyelashes up.  By now they must be trained to go that way.