Honored Contributor

Re: Video from Nikol Johnson

@monicakm - thanks for mentioning this video.  Watched it and picked up a few tidbits of info that I can use.  

Valued Contributor

Guess I will weigh in too.

First @monicakm I hope you find and get the sunglasses.  You have liked them so long that they will probably always haunt you if you don't get them.  Sometimes when we love something but we ourselves think it is a little frivolous we pass it by and then we always are disappointed we don't have whatever it was.  It won't break the bank.

I too think that Nikol's brows would look better with a little refinement but think she is a very striking woman.  I get an androgynous, Margaux Hemmingway vibe from her looks.  She is a great example of maximizing all your best features.  

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@persiflage 

I too think that Nikol's brows would look better with a little refinement

Well she's Greek so that's kind of a thing.  I like them but she'd probably look good with thinner brows too.  I remember when she used to have really really long dark hair on her arms.  To me, that wasn't at all attractive and I wondered why she didn't shave them.  Now her arms are clear of all that dark hair Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I guess I can join you in the "not big girl enough" club.  I really never needed an eyelash curler but thought I did since everyone I knew used one.  It's impossible to get close enough to my lid and not pinch it :/

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@persiflage 

Well she's Greek so that's kind of a thing.  I like them but she'd probably look good with thinner brows too.  I remember when she used to have really really long dark hair on her arms.  To me, that wasn't at all attractive and I wondered why she didn't shave them.  Now her arms are clear of all that dark hair Smiley Happy

@monicakm I personally love her brows.   But then I am so over the drawn on brows and don't even get me started on "fluffy" brows that stand straight up or the ones that are completely shellaced to the forehead while standing up.   

Valued Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@persiflage 

****************************************************************************************

Yes, if we go back far enough unibrows are the thing, sign of wealth and intelligence.  We sure can do a lot with our brows.  I like a nicely shaped, strong brow,  somewhere between Nikol's and the super stenciled looks so popular now.  

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@persiflage 

She must like them.  I think they look nice.  Not everyone can pull it off but imo she does.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I never did get on board with all the recent eyebrow trends.  And this with making blocks of color to "look" like brows?  Who are they kidding (I ask with my long lush lashes!!) lol  I subscribe to Samantha's channel and love her to bits but the brows!

Ofra Cosmetics OFRA x Samantha March Life's a Draft Mini Mix Palette | Ulta  Beauty