Frequent Contributor

Vidal Sassoon shampoo in the brown bottle

I loved the almond scent of the long-discontinued Vidal Sassoon shampoo in the brown bottle, last seen, I believe, in the '80's. Is anyone aware of a shampoo that I could buy now that has a similar scent?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Vidal Sassoon shampoo in the brown bottle

VS is selling Cherry Almond shampoo and conditioner that is supposed to be like the throwback scent.

The shampoo comes in a reddish bottle and the conditioner is in a white bottle. I found mine at Wal Mart. Look for the words Cherry Almond.

Trusted Contributor

I use that Nature's Gate Cherry Almond Shampoo too, but, still miss the oldie/goodie Vidal. Nothing has taken his spot.
Respected Contributor

I posted a thread on this a few months ago. Vidal sassoon brought it back. its in the same bottle shape just red instead of brown. Smells wonderful. Also Sallys beauty supply has a color care conditioner in a solid purple bottle and white letters that smells exactly like this if not much better. The sallys conditioner smells more heavy on the almond side. i do not know the smell of the shampoo part

Valued Contributor

The brown bottle was my go to shampoo back in the day. I was addicted to the almond scent! Maybe I'll try the new one and see if it compares.

Respected Contributor

It does nothing for my hair but I sure love the smell

Respected Contributor

I still remember that smell! It was great! I 'll give the new one a try too. :-)
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, I have no suggestions. Just wondering, does anyone know why they stopped making the former Vidal Sassoon shampoo/conditioner? It was great!

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 howaboutthis said:

Sorry, I have no suggestions. Just wondering, does anyone know why they stopped making the former Vidal Sassoon shampoo/conditioner? It was great!

If you read the thread you will know the answer lol{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

They brought it back quite some time ago. Smells great!

Esteemed Contributor

I use Vidal Sassoon color finity. It doesn't have a scent, but sure protects your hair coloring. I don't even need a conditioner. I get it at Dollar General.