Super Contributor

Victoria Pricipal skincare/RECLAIM- who uses it?

Does anyone use Victoria Principal's skincare line - RECLAIM? Have you had good results?

Contributor

Re: Victoria Pricipal skincare/RECLAIM- who uses it?

Hello - I have been using all the Principal Secret Lines since they first came out. I still use a couple products from Advanced and have now tried (and like) Botanicals but the Reclaim Line is still my favorite. Some of the products I love are the Bright & Even Re-Texturizer, the Revitalizing Youth Mask, Skin Refining Thermal Treatment, Wrinkle Retreat Refirming Mask, Continuous Lift...I could go on and on.

Occasional Contributor

I too have used it for years! Started with advanced and went to Reclaim. My skin looks wonderful having used her products for many years. They are affordable and more importantly, they work! I recently tried the botanical line and love it. I recommend her line all the time to people.

Super Contributor

If I wanted to get started on this, what do you suggest I try? The regular RECLAIM or RECLAIM BOTANCIAL? Does one out perform the other? Thank you. I used her Advanced Line years ago when she was on the Q but then went on to other brands. Thanks for your thoughts.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know why Victoria no longer makes appearances on QVC? I used to enjoy her shows as she seemed very knowledgeable and committed to her products.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Contributor

Poppet - it is hard to say. If you call the 800 number and order through the club, you can get a 30-day Botanical kit which allows you to try 8 products. The Reclaim Kit of 6 products (plus two trial size gifts) is a 90-day supply but is less expensive per month. I have always found the club membership thing and their customer service easy to deal with and no problem to change your orders, customize, or cancel if you should choose. I personally really like the Reclaim Line but I have nothing bad to say about Botanicals. There is also a "bottom-of-the-jar" guarantee so if it does not work for you, you can (and should) take advantage of that guarantee. (Now I sound like I work there!!) I have been really happy with all the products and have used them for years and plan to continue using them. Just last week someone thought I was in my mid-40's and I am 56. The only other brand I ever seriously considered changing to was Origins and while I liked that, I continued with Reclaim. Good Luck and let us know what you decide and how you like it!

Honored Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Topaz Gem said:

Does anyone know why Victoria no longer makes appearances on QVC? I used to enjoy her shows as she seemed very knowledgeable and committed to her products.

She is/was ill, she has a type of blood disorder.

Contributor

HAVE USED PRINCIPAL SECRET RECLAIM FOR YEARS... TRIED OTHERS ON OCCASION...HAVE STAYED WITH RECLAIM...NOTHING COMPARES WITH IT...AM A MEMBER OF HER CLUB, AND GET AN AUTO-ORDER EVERY 60 DAYS...GOOD VALUE AND A GOOD PRODUCT.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Reclaim cleanser, eye cream & serum and pressed powder.

Results - well.....I still don't have eye lines, but I attribute that more to the treatment things I use first. But I love her eye things! They are a great added support.

Love any of her cleansers! Results in that - thoroughly removes eye makeup (I don't use foundation), doesn't strip skin, yet thoroughly, but gently cleans.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Shelbelle said:
On 7/28/2014 Topaz Gem said:

She is/was ill, she has a type of blood disorder.

Victoria has an illness, but if QVC had wanted to continue to offer the line they could have hired someone to be her on air representative. Aida Thibiat was the true scientist and developer of this line originally with Victoria as the "paid" spokesperson and name on the label. I really don't know the history behind Victoria and the business partners decision to present her as a scientist (product developer) apart from being the celebrity name/spokesperson.

Back to Poppet1's question. Depending upon how many products you want in your initial set, when you order you may be able to get Reclaim (original) and Reclaim Botanical products to try. Personally I would go with original Reclaim, but definitely get a rial size of some of the Botanical products. When I was using Principal Secret I was devoted to the Original line and when others came out I would just try a couple of things. All of the Principal Secret cleansers are excellent. If I were ever to go back to that brand it would be for the cleansers.