Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest,

I have to ask...do you normally wear socks a lot? If so, are the socks made with any wool or a wool blend? The reason I'm asking is because wool will make your feet very dry and the more wool they have in them, the drier your feet can become. My choice of socks to wear year-round are made of a wool blend because they keep my feet from getting sweaty but wearing them all day can make my feet get dry skin. It's a double-edged sword.

Honored Contributor

Re: Very dry feet

[ Edited ]

Gold Bond Intensive foot Care Cream has done wonders for my feet

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest,

I have to ask...do you normally wear socks a lot? If so, are the socks made with any wool or a wool blend? The reason I'm asking is because wool will make your feet very dry and the more wool they have in them, the drier your feet can become. My choice of socks to wear year-round are made of a wool blend because they keep my feet from getting sweaty but wearing them all day can make my feet get dry skin. It's a double-edged sword.

No ,not this time of year.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

This excessive dryness ,was from the foot peel i do normally have fairly dry feet ,but this is alot more dryness, i use a good foot cream the best i have found is kersal ointment foot cream.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have to agree with you @goldensrbest, about the Kerasal . I think it's the best one out there, too.

I have scleroderma, so I know about dry, hard and cracked skin, especially on my feet.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest, you may need what in the medical field is called occlusive dressing. For very dry skin on the feet you need an emollient type treatment. Many posters have recommended vaseline with socks. However, you need to also wrap your feet in plastic wrap like Saran Wrap. Sounds crazy I know. Whatever type of emollient product you use such as vaseline or even Cerave has something, you put that on your feet at night. Then wrap them in Saran Wrap and then put socks over top. This helps to really seal in the moisture. Your dry skin will begin to peel. Don't pull of the skin though as tempting as it may be. Get a pedi or see a podiatriat to remove that skin. If this doesn't help quite enough, see a podiatrist. There are prescription ointments on the market that can help.

Esteemed Contributor

First Aid Beauty-Ultra repair cream......I buy this in the supersize. Works fo rme. I have very dry, sensitive skin with a ton of issues and allergies. This absorbs quickly and is not greasy. Hope it works for you as well as it does for me.    

Regular Contributor

Get a Emjoi Micro-Pedi callus remover. Now they have a corded one that you can get on Amazon. No more batteries! I upgraded mine and I love it! Use it on your dry feet. After that, either soak your feet or just dampen them. Smother your feet in Vaseline and wear your socks overnight. 

Valued Contributor

I also think the Emjoi pedi thing is a wonderful idea.  I use mine weekly and my feet are better than ever.  It's one of my favorite QVC purchases ever, but I had to order the green rollers because they work better on my tough feet than the blue ones.  I use that and coconut oil on my feet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay,i don't think some are understanding, i have the emjoi  what has happened is after the foot peel this has happened ,if any one has done a foot peel and this has happened ,i would like to know please.