Respected Contributor

Very Pleased with Garnier Olia Hair dye.

I have not been to a Hair Stylist in a year! I do not intend to go anytime soon. I do not have too much grey but enough so that it needs coloring. My hair is dark brown and atho I have tryed some brands, they tended to be somwhat drying for my hair even tho I used moisturizing shampoo etc... I called my Hair Stylist & told her how I feel & she said that the best boxed dye for me would be Garnier Olia. It much more hydrating because of the oils & leaves my hair silky until I re- apply it  ever 6 wks. I was considering E-Salon but Olia works fine. For those of you that still do not go to the Salon what is your favorite Brand?  

Contributor

Re: Very Pleased with Garnier Olia Hair dye.

I've been using Loreal however, this last time I used it my hair got really dry and I only do the roots to cover my gray hair.  I'm going to give this a try next time I color, you can't go wrong with the added oils!

Respected Contributor

@Suzanne53  It does make such a difference. I even learned how to cut my own mid-length hair. Certainly not as well as my stylist but it will have to do for now. Its just a blunt cut & if the back is not even, my husband evens it off.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Garnier Nutrisse. It doesn't dry out my hair, and I don't have to apply it often; every 2-3 months seems to work for me.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I also use Garnier Nutrisse #42. It makes my grey hair a nice purple/ deep red shade. I guess it's not a big seller as I can't get it at Walmart, Wegman's or Target any longer (and no, I don't shop online), but  CVS still carries it 

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw  I wish I could lenghten that time between coloring but my hair grows SO fast. In fact, I have to use a hair powder or pull my hair back in a low or high loose bun or wear a hat. It was great when I didn't have gray but now its a pain. I could color it every few wks, but would never do that. 

Honored Contributor

I wish someone with a lot of gray, just in front, would weigh in on the coverage from the Garnier Olia. I'd like to try it. I'm sick of my grays. I also have very wiry grays. 

Honored Contributor

I am a devotee of Revlon Colorsilk for the last 24 years, it is cheap and does a wonderful job and ammonia free. 

Esteemed Contributor

I HAVE BEEN USING THE GARNIER OLIA FOR A FEW YEARS NOW, AND IT IS BY FAR THE BEST!  I HAVE ALMOST BALCK HAIR, SO THE GRAY IS VERY OBVIOUS, MORE SO IN THE FRONT  .THE GARNIER OLIA COVERS REALLY WELL, AND LASTS UNTIL ROOTS START GROWING OUT.

THE SHINE IS AWESOME AND I HAPPEN TO EVEN LOVE THE BOTTLE AND DELIVERY SYSTEM.

ALL IN ALL IT IS THE BEST BOX COLOR IN MY OPINION.

Honored Contributor

Revlon Colorsilk.  However,  I haven't had a cut in almost a year and I've been lazy and haven't colored it either.