Esteemed Contributor

Re: Verticle Ridges on Nails

I have this on one nail only - I'm 55 (soon 56!). I'll try these suggestions and see if it helps, thanks!

Super Contributor

Yep, I've got them too! I maybe got them earlier than most due to hypothyroidism - but I just keep them trimmed short and try and apply Perfect Formula as others have mentioned. They sometimes eventually split at the top of my nail so that's why I just keep my nails short.

Regular Contributor

I used to have very strong nails, but over the years they started to peel and split and break. I finally stopped using polish and let them "air out" for a few months and now they're back to where they were many, many years ago. I try not to use polish more than once every couple of months, but I may try the base coat.

Trusted Contributor

Which perfect formula product are you ladies using? The pink gel stuff or something else in the line? Thanks!

Super Contributor

On 10/23/2014 NiteStar said:

Which perfect formula product are you ladies using? The pink gel stuff or something else in the line? Thanks!

I personally like the Pink Gel one. I've tried the one in powdered pink and it chipped off quickly. The pink gel just eventually wears off, but you can't really notice it.

Esteemed Contributor

I use the clear or the pink gel. I really don't care for the color polish in the line. It chips really easy on the nails. I got a few bottles of it in a TSV that I'll use on my toes. It still chips but not as fast.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like Perfect Formula is the one I should try. Thanks for all your opinions. It could be due aging also, like everything else. I am 50+.