Contributor

Vertical lip liners on upper lip

Hi! I’ve used sunblock since my 20’s, never smoked and take excellent care of my skin. However, pesky vertical lip lines have shown up. Yuck!!!! I know products won’t fix them. I am on a very tight budget so I’m thinking of getting a lip flip. Has anyone had it done? If so, how do you feel about it??? I know if I have it done I have to find a medical professional that really know what they are doing or it could go horribly wrong. I have a tendency to pursue my lips and I drink from a straw (shame on my!!!!) Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Trusted Contributor

Re: Vertical lip liners on upper lip

No, I haven't had that done but I thought that's to improve lip contour, not for lines around the lips,  For lines, fillers are better but the problem is the results don't last  long because the mouth area is always moving. 

Honored Contributor

I have those lines, too. I've been using tretinoin on that area for years plus I use a microneedle stamp across my entire upper lip. Those things have helped reduce the lines but not entirely. I can't to any injectables for medical reasons.

Honored Contributor

@Kymheart1 wrote:
Hi! I’ve used sunblock since my 20’s, never smoked and take excellent care of my skin. However, pesky vertical lip lines have shown up. Yuck!!!! I know products won’t fix them. I am on a very tight budget so I’m thinking of getting a lip flip. Has anyone had it done? If so, how do you feel about it??? I know if I have it done I have to find a medical professional that really know what they are doing or it could go horribly wrong. I have a tendency to pursue my lips and I drink from a straw (shame on my!!!!) Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

@Kymheart1 @I don't think that a lip flip is done for vertical lip lines. It's done to make the upper lip look fuller.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

It can do both.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Mindy D 

It can do both.

@SilleeMee @I meant vertical lip lines above the lip. Can it be used for this? 

Honored Contributor

@Kymheart1   If you drink through a straw you can say thank you to it for your vertical lines.  I am not familiar with the procedure you mentioned but make sure you find the right doctor or get a referral.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Straws are good and bad, they contribute to vertical lip lines, but they help to prevent teeth staining. 

Honored Contributor

As we age, the skin loses elasticity. Teeth also may move  out of position leaving no support for the skin above the lip..... The mouth area is in constant motion like the eyes and neck which also show signs of age before other areas. 

Honored Contributor

After seeing the results on Lisa Rinna I would never consider this procedure.  Yes, I know someone else fixed it years later.