Honored Contributor

Re: Vertical lip liners on upper lip

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have those lines, too. I've been using tretinoin on that area for years plus I use a microneedle stamp across my entire upper lip. Those things have helped reduce the lines but not entirely. I can't to any injectables for medical reasons.

@SilleeMee   I've applied my Retin A in that area as well and only notice minimal vertical lines. I've also worn a "bite guard" on my top teeth to keep them in place for many years, too. Gravity, however will take it's toll eventually.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

No, I haven't had that done but I thought that's to improve lip contour, not for lines around the lips,  For lines, fillers are better but the problem is the results don't last  long because the mouth area is always moving. 

@decaf   Filler is also injected into the actual lines. Not done by an expert and that filler shows as tiny bumps or beads above the lip. That's why many docs don't like doing injectables under the eye. The skin's so thin there.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

After seeing the results on Lisa Rinna I would never consider this procedure.  Yes, I know someone else fixed it years later.  

Rinna had implants in her lips which she had removed some time ago. She even posted pictures of her lips showing the stitches where they cut open her lips to remove the implants. Her lips used to be enormous before that.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@depglass wrote:

After seeing the results on Lisa Rinna I would never consider this procedure.  Yes, I know someone else fixed it years later.  

Rinna had implants in her lips which she had removed some time ago. She even posted pictures of her lips showing the stitches where they cut open her lips to remove the implants. Her lips used to be enormous before that.

Yes, Rinna and hubby Harry Hamlin had a reality TV show on Lifetime at the time, and they chronicaled her procedure on the show to have her lips restored to normal size. Dr Garth Fisher, famed Hollywood plastic surgeon did the job, and he said it was considered a major surgery, took her 5 weeks to recover, but she was pleased with the results. I think he also did Chris Jenners face lift. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kymheart1 wrote:
Hi! I’ve used sunblock since my 20’s, never smoked and take excellent care of my skin. However, pesky vertical lip lines have shown up. Yuck!!!! I know products won’t fix them. I am on a very tight budget so I’m thinking of getting a lip flip. Has anyone had it done? If so, how do you feel about it??? I know if I have it done I have to find a medical professional that really know what they are doing or it could go horribly wrong. I have a tendency to pursue my lips and I drink from a straw (shame on my!!!!) Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

@Kymheart1   Deep chemical peels and lasers are also possibilities, but can lead to hypermigmentation or leave the area lighter than surrounding skin. There's also the chance of scarring.

Honored Contributor

@Kymheart1 

I have had shots all over my face for cystic acne.  Lips are terribly painful.  

I suggest a light color lip liner and a light lipstick.  I

absolutely love Clinique's Silvery Moon.  A beautiful pink with a kiss of lavendar, like a rose.

Respected Contributor

I think I’ve finally peace with my vertical lip lines(no smoking or straws, go figure).  Now trying to accept an age spot on my hand that clearly is not a freckle 😁. 

Contributor

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate replying to my th...

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate replying to my thread. I am fair skinned and been using Tazorac for years. After I went through menopause my skin would not tolerate Tazorac anyone so I use prescription Retin-A. My lips have thinned in addition to the vertical lines. So after everyone’s advice I thing I will go with a chemical peel and the lip flip. I will update everyone on the outcome.
Contributor

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate replying to my thread. I am fair skinned and been using Tazorac for years. After I went through menopause my skin would not tolerate Tazorac anyone so I use prescription Retin-A. My lips have thinned in addition to the vertical lines. So after everyone’s advice I thing I will go with a chemical peel and the lip flip. I will update everyone on the outcome.
Contributor

I use NuFace The Fix on my lips.  It's great.  You can use it around your lips, as well as on your lips.  It's done wonders for my face.