Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 890
Registered: ‎12-06-2011

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

On 11/29/2014 KatCat1 said:

What exactly does vegan cosmetics mean?

Free of ingredients that come from animals and insects.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 557
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

There are many animal derived ingredients in skincare and cosmetics - emu oil, cavier, lactic acid, beeswax, silk, collagen, the coloring agent carmine are popular. Much of Dr. Gross' line is vegan, but not all.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,124
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

On 11/29/2014 magemay said:
On 11/29/2014 KatCat1 said:

What exactly does vegan cosmetics mean?

Free of ingredients that come from animals and insects.

thank you

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,477
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

Sorry, but I think it sounds like a gimmick.

I'm sure that I might be using some products that are not totally "vegan," but I'm not vegan either, so I'm not going to worry about it.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 890
Registered: ‎12-06-2011

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

On 11/29/2014 KatCat1 said:
On 11/29/2014 magemay said:
On 11/29/2014 KatCat1 said:

What exactly does vegan cosmetics mean?

Free of ingredients that come from animals and insects.

thank you

You're welcome, Kat

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 890
Registered: ‎12-06-2011

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

On 11/29/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Sorry, but I think it sounds like a gimmick.

I'm sure that I might be using some products that are not totally "vegan," but I'm not vegan either, so I'm not going to worry about it.

< gimmick
[gim-ik]
noun
1.
an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.
2.
a concealed, usually devious aspect or feature of something, as a planor deal:
An offer that good must have a gimmick in it somewhere.
3.
a hidden mechanical device by which a magician works a trick or agambler controls a game of chance.
4.
Electronics Informal. a capacitor formed by intertwining two insulatedwires.
verb (used with object)
5.
to equip or embellish with unnecessary features, especially in order toincrease salability, acceptance, etc. (often followed by up):
to gimmick up a sports car with chrome and racing stripes.
verb (used without object)
6.
to resort to gimmickry, especially habitually.
We can agree to disagree, suzy, because I don't believe that the label of the term gimmick applies to the topic.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,735
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

I must be really shallow. What caught my attention in this entire thread is turquoise and amber glass packaging. I'll watch just for that.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 557
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

You do not have to be a vegan or vegetarian to want to use skincare and cosmetics free of animal derived ingredients. I see no need for an animal to die so that my skin looks good. It does go well with the no animal testing philosophy.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,647
Registered: ‎05-10-2010

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

....It's just another old celebrity hawking cosmetics. Nothing interesting about it, they all do it now.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,306
Registered: ‎10-01-2011

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

On 11/29/2014 depglass said:

I must be really shallow. What caught my attention in this entire thread is turquoise and amber glass packaging. I'll watch just for that.

Hats off to your refreshing candor!