Honored Contributor

Did you see that Christie Brinkley is bringing a new Vegan Skin Care line to HSN and

Kohls in March? That will be interesting!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Re: Vegan Skin Care Coming Soon

Vegan does not necessarily mean free of 'cones, and other problematic slip agents, etc. Any ingredient deck releases? Let's hope for a nice line not loaded with every botanical known to the modern world like SS's line. Thanks for the heads up.
Honored Contributor

Ohhh I guess I had thought it was going to be Organic due to it being Vegan {#emotions_dlg.blush} This is all I saw so far:

In conjunction with Atlantic Coast Media Group, the model turned entrepreneur plans to launch the line of products, entitled Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare, with affordable prices ranging from $22.95 to $69.95. UPI reports that the line promises fair trade, eco-friendly vegan products that include anti-aging creams, exfoliating polish, and a face wash among other treatments.

A vegan herself, Christie was adamant that her skin care products be both animal friendly and sensitive to the environment. The skin care products will be packaged in turquoise and amber glass containers. The products will be offered on the Home Shopping Network and hsn.com in the first weeks of March of 2015. Later that same month, the line will also be made available in over 1100 Kohl’s department stores.

Christie is enthusiastic about this line, having worked closely with dermatologists and other skin care professionals to offer quality products, while ensuring that they are eco-friendly and not tested on animals. Enlisting the assistance of dermatologist Doris Day, Brinkley has incorporated the Bio-Copper Complex, which promises to revitalize the skin, while offering protection from the sun’s infrared rays.

“It was very important to me that we formulated something that, as much as is possible, protected against future sun damage,” said Brinkley. “Men shave daily and get that exfoliation naturally,” she added. “Women need to add that extra step.”

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

CH, let's hope. I guess I'm just jaded by so many endeavors by celebs.
Super Contributor

They don't give complete ingredient lists, but some are listed as "key ingredients" Not every product is listed, some are "coming soon"

http://www.christiebrinkleyauthenticskincare.com/categories?sort=bestselling

Super Contributor

On 11/29/2014 BellaCarro said: CH, let's hope. I guess I'm just jaded by so many endeavors by celebs.

Sorry you have had that experience, Bella. Mine has been nothing but positive, especially with Susanne Somers line. Come to think of it, it's the only "celeb" line that I've been drawn to because it offers the ingredients that align with my requirements.

Out of all my products, I consider the ones I use from Suzanne Organics to be best I've used.

Trusted Contributor

Vegan cosmetics? This means it does not contain animal products. I think just about any line out there would be considered vegan. This word makes sense when used to describe a diet - no meat, dairy, honey. My favorite is "vegan leather". Just say what it is - plastic.

Super Contributor

On 11/29/2014 pas4116 said:

Vegan cosmetics? This means it does not contain animal products. I think just about any line out there would be considered vegan. This word makes sense when used to describe a diet - no meat, dairy, honey. My favorite is "vegan leather". Just say what it is - plastic.

There are a number if animal derived ingredients available and used in the market. As an example, Hylauronic Acid can be made (and traditionally was and at times still is) with Rooster combs. Plant derivatives are now available as an option for HA.

Here's PETA's list of animal ingredients:

http://www.peta.org/living/beauty/animal-ingredients-list/

......and the continuation of their list:

http://www.peta.org/living/food/animal-ingredients-list-continued/

Honored Contributor

May no be as good as hoped for. I am skeptical too about celebs promoting skin care and other products!

Honored Contributor

What exactly does vegan cosmetics mean?

kindness is strength