Honored Contributor

Re: Vegan, Paraben, and Gluten Free cosmetics line - Red Apple Lipstick

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

A quick glance at their website..a 60-day return policy.  

That piqued my interest...

@sidsmom, make that six months!

My BAD!!  

I corrected my original post to reflect 6 months.

Thanks for pointing that out. 🌼

Honored Contributor

lol does anyone else think there is something a bit odd and uncomfortable about the look on the model's face that is on the main page on the right? Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

Lol she looks mad!

Honored Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

Lol she looks mad!

@makeup addict yeah and perhaps a little bit scared, like someone is forcing her to pose for the camera? Smiley Surprised)

Honored Contributor

I wish their s/h wasn't so high. I really want to try the Tiny Dancer lipgloss and the New York lipstick but I just think over $7 is high for two tiny lip products. 6 months return policy is great but I'd rather have 30 days and free shipping over a certain amount ($50?). 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I wish their s/h wasn't so high. I really want to try the Tiny Dancer lipgloss and the New York lipstick but I just think over $7 is high for two tiny lip products. 6 months return policy is great but I'd rather have 30 days and free shipping over a certain amount ($50?). 

@HappyDaze, they use that model to show off many of the lipstick shades. It's sort of weird because her lips just might be thinner than mine, unbelievable as that may be.

They do have free shipping if you spend $50 or more.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze, they use that model to show off many of the lipstick shades. It's sort of weird because her lips just might be thinner than mine, unbelievable as that may be.

They do have free shipping if you spend $50 or more.

@suzyQ3 well that is weird- I had over $50 and it wasn't free. Maybe a glitch. And yes, I noticed she is in many pictures for the lip products and half the time I can't really tell the color because her lips are so thin. I think she must be connected to the company somehow (owner's daughter or neice or something?). Smiley Happy

I will definitely give this brand a try but trying to use up some of my other lip products first and just recently bought the Smith & Cult lip stain/gloss so I should probably wait a bit before buying another lip product or two. Or at least wait until I go through my stash and see if I can throw out a couple that don't work for me, regardless of how I try to make them or hope they eventually work, lol!

Respected Contributor

A long time ago when Bare Essentials came onto the scene, there were other smaller companies that popped up.

One such company was called "Daily Minerals" and was hugely popular among the community here. I loved them: they gave generous free samples and had a beautiful assortment of colors.

I hadn't thought about them for years until I read this thread.

I looked them up last night-and they are still in business. I scanned through offerings and things have changed a little, but they still offer tremendous value and openly boast they are cruelty-free. Check them out! 

I don't need more MU, but they have some gorgeous blushes that I don't think I can resist!

Poodlepet2