Respected Contributor

Anyone try Josie Maran Whipped Body Butter in Vanilla Pear? How would you describe the scent? Was it very sweet? Worth trying? I have been using the unscented and like it very much. I was debating whether to try the vanilla pear, but do not like any sweet scents. Comments appreciated.

Contributor

This is my new be-all, end-all lotion!!! It is a soft and juicy pear scent, with a hint of vanilla. I will not be without it!! It did wonders on me when I had surgery. It (for me, but YMMV) totally eliminated the itchy recovery part when my incisions were healing.

I highly recommend it...wish I had a 55-gallon drum of this magic stuff!!!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
YMMV?
Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary. 

Super Contributor

I ordered this and received it the other day.  Normally I do not like anything vanilla but deceided to try it.   The scent is very light and not overpowering at all.  I use it everynight and morning before I get dressed and it does not interfere with my fragrances.  Give it a try...

Honored Contributor

It smells amazing.  Josie always says warm pear tart and it really does evoke that scent, pear and vanilla and the emphasis on warm.  

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

It smells amazing.  Josie always says warm pear tart and it really does evoke that scent, pear and vanilla and the emphasis on warm.  

I think this is a good description. It's got pear, vanilla, and some spices that make me think of a warm apple crisp. I really smell the pear when I first put it on, but 5-10 minutes later the pear scent fades some and the vanilla and spice step up. After that, I smell like what I imagine a Yankee Candle Vanilla Pear Tart candle would smell like. I don't use it much. It would be perfect as a candle or a room spray, but I don't really want to smell like a Yankee Candle.

Trusted Contributor

I really want to try this whipped butter, but, $52 plus tax and s/h is alot for body butter.   I wish I could justify it in my head! Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

I really want to try this whipped butter, but, $52 plus tax and s/h is alot for body butter.   I wish I could justify it in my head! Woman Frustrated

I'm right there with you @MrsCat21.  The size/price comparison during the demo is pretty compelling, if it's a product you already use.  I'm tempted.  All of these beauty companies with their sales and promos all going on at the same time....I'm on the verge of going beauty broke over here!  

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

It's worth it.  Even if you do the three EZ pays you will have some left.  A little goes a long, long way.  As long as you keep your hands clean before you dip into the jar it will last a long time.  Besides, with Q's return policy you have nothing to lose.

It's a scent you won't find anywhere else but in Josie's products and it's delectable.  If she was to come out with a line of colognes I would buy almost every one.  Vanilla pear is very special and if you don't agree send it back.