Honored Contributor

Re: Vacation in Wyoming and Utah this summer...

@Tigriss,

Good suggestion about anti-chafing. I think I would rather use the Monistat chafing relief gel in the tube. Makes it easier to pack.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee That is a great idea. It takes up less space and doesn't scatter everywhere when you try to put it on.
Respected Contributor

I live in Utah.  The dryness depends on which part of the State you are visiting.  It can run the gamut.

On the Wyoming border it's neither dry or humid, but the wind does blow a little more.

If you're going around the Canyonlands in the summer, beware.  It's well above 100 degrees and dry.  You need lots of sunscreen.  In The High Uintas the elevation is 10,000 feet and certainly not dry.  Middle of the State is a little above 4000 ft. 

I don't need any special skin care.  A moisturizer and sunscreen.  And mosquito repellent in the camping areas.

If you're going up around the Vernal area, the dinosaur national monument is fun.  There's also some white water rafting is that area. 

Mirror Lake highway is beautiful and will take you into Wyoming.  I like camping at Mirror Lake and Trial Lake.

Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for all your suggestions! Wipes are a great idea! This is actually our honeymoon (we are not young- but are fun and adventurous!). We have traveled together but not camped for any length of time. Bought our camper last fall, tried it out for a weekend and put it away for the winter. It's small (18ft travel trailer) but has everything we need, I think & hope. We are so excited! Thank you agin for beauty and travel thoughts!
Respected Contributor

Heavy duty sunscreen.  Lots of water.  Did I mention sunscreen?  Enjoy your trip.