Esteemed Contributor

Re: VIEW YOUR DEAL SUNDAY AUG 13

YOU ARE TWO OF THE SWEETEST AND MOST HELPFUL PEOPLE ON THE BEAUTY BOARDS ROCHELLE AND MakeUpMaidn!  XO

HAVE A WONDERFUL THURSDAY!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@rochelleS  Looking forward to your thoughts on ButterLondon's Blush stick. 😊.

The ButterLondon does do a very good job of showing the lippies on different skin tones. I am surprised we don't hear a lot more of this brand.

@Swedishmiss 

My Butter London order has shipped and I'm quite excited to try the blush stick along with other new items. I'll keep you posted. Several vendors have these multi purpose stick products. I tried the Nars "O" stick when last in Sephora and my Sis and the sales rep really liked it on me. It's more translucent, whereas the BL looks more opaque. We'll soon see!

I took a look at the Butter London inventory here on the Q that @weezer111 mentioned. There's a nice selection of nail and hand  products and some polish, skin and body care and some makeup too. All 25% off, a few with free shipping.

Your fave Wisdom treatment cream eyeshadow is there too. Sans the Driftwood shade, unfortunately.(I have the mauve, buttercream ,pink & sepia...this one is my least fav only due to my skintone. BFF has olive undertones and its gorgeous on her)The Lumi Matte tinted moisturizer foundation is available with a boatload of good reviews of which are mostly imported from the BL site. And their great concealer/highlighter duo which is fab. Still, there's an opportunity to peruse plenty of items. 

I'm really glad you mentioned trying other BL products. I always thought I was practically the only one who used and liked their stuff...other than those on the nail threads that mention this brand

I've since learned otherwise and am glad. Hopefully many others will take the opportunity to try these quality products too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Butter London order was delivered yesterday.  DH and I were gone all day and it was waiting when we got home.  DH went to bed before me and I remember my box.  I opened it up and checked everything out, swatched some of the shadows and lipsticks, tried on one lipstick and one gloss. The eyeshadow palettes are pretty and useable. I'll give one of the palettes a try on Wednesday when I go to the salon for a new haircut.  The lipsticks were a little disappointing.  The colors were pretty but they didn't glide on easily. They seemed a bit dry and kinda dragged. The two glosses were nice and helped make things feel better when applied over the lipstick.  $5.00 for a higher end lipstick was a gift but I probaby won't repurchase.  Still happy with my purchase overall.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss 

I've been playing with my new Butter London items from my recent order. Overall I'm quite pleased. Several items are quite outstanding for and on me.

I ordered the Plush Rush Blush in Obsessed. This seems a bit lighter in person than the pic. But not bad. This color on me is soft and subtle. Lends itself to a minimal, clean,  no makeup type of look, which I do like.

The texture is creamy, glides easily on and is buildable if desired. It's made with Shea Butter, Mango Butter and Peptides and feels and looks good on my skin. The emollient Butters quickly absorb and the finish becomes somewhat dewy and satin-like in a short time. Looks good  feels really good and a definite plus for my makeup bag.

This shade is too light for my pigmented lips but easily used as a gloss or mixed with a drier lipstick. 

Screenshot_20230818-205217_Chrome.jpg

I also am quite blown away with their liquid lipstick.  WOW, just flippin' WOW! These are really nice! Absolutely as light as air on, great finish and color payoff. The doefoot applicator lays just the right amount of product too. My new fav!

The lip glosses are very nice too. Light refreshing mint flavor. Not goopy, no traveling either. Another win and something I've needed to replenish.

Hope all is well with you. 💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Sorry to see your Plush Rush lippies were not to your satisfaction. I've read that some shades seem drier than others but all three of yours??? No Bueno. I'd love to send you one of my extra Moisture Matte lipsticks. This formula, in the angled flat top bullet, is more moisturizing than the Plush Rush lippies. I wish there way a way I could get one to you to try.📫💌💄

Hopefully, you had better results with the eyeshadow pallettes. Love to hear feedback. Looks like the score was the lipgloss. I really like the texture and light mint scent and taste. All of my ordered colors are perfect. 🤗

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Sorry to see your Plush Rush lippies were not to your satisfaction. I've read that some shades seem drier than others but all three of yours??? No Bueno. I'd love to send you one of my extra Moisture Matte lipsticks. This formula, in the angled flat top bullet, is more moisturizing than the Plush Rush lippies. I wish there way a way I could get one to you to try.📫💌💄

Hopefully, you had better results with the eyeshadow pallettes. Love to hear feedback. Looks like the score was the lipgloss. I really like the texture and light mint scent and taste. All of my ordered colors are perfect. 🤗

@rochelleS  I finally tried the Teddy Boy palette today and like it very much.  DH and I are going away for a couple nights. I brought both Teddy Boy and Teddy Girl with me. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

@Swedishmiss 

I've been playing with my new Butter London items from my recent order. Overall I'm quite pleased. Several items are quite outstanding for and on me.

I ordered the Plush Rush Blush in Obsessed. This seems a bit lighter in person than the pic. But not bad. This color on me is soft and subtle. Lends itself to a minimal, clean,  no makeup type of look, which I do like.

The texture is creamy, glides easily on and is buildable if desired. It's made with Shea Butter, Mango Butter and Peptides and feels and looks good on my skin. The emollient Butters quickly absorb and the finish becomes somewhat dewy and satin-like in a short time. Looks good  feels really good and a definite plus for my makeup bag.

This shade is too light for my pigmented lips but easily used as a gloss or mixed with a drier lipstick. 

Screenshot_20230818-205217_Chrome.jpg

I also am quite blown away with their liquid lipstick.  WOW, just flippin' WOW! These are really nice! Absolutely as light as air on, great finish and color payoff. The doefoot applicator lays just the right amount of product too. My new fav!

The lip glosses are very nice too. Light refreshing mint flavor. Not goopy, no traveling either. Another win and something I've needed to replenish.

Hope all is well with you. 💖

Well, now you have me sold on trying the liquid lipstick! Lol

ButterLondon is one of my favorite brands.  Thank you @rochelleS for taking the time to give such an in-depth review!!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss 

Hi! I'm good.Tks for asking.Hope all is good on your end as well. 🥰

Yep, just lovin these new BL liquid lippies 💋.  I ordered three of the four offered. Regret not getting the 4th, a Cherry Red.  But my BFF ordered it plus another color after listening to me gush over these. Should arrive very soon. I'll post her fredback when it arrives. Reviews on their site are very good too. Let me know when you're ready and we can talk shades. Gotcha covered!

Still like the cream blush too. Another plausible consideration,  if you like this kind of product.

I know you have an interest in the Seint line but check out what I just saw on Costco dot com.  This is a crazy good price for this duo! The sameBlurring  Skin Tint, Lt to Med buildable coverage Foundation and the dual sided Concealer/Brightener I've been yammering about. Available separately here on the Q at a 25% discount but cant even touch this $. So much  better and the lowest I can recall ever seeing. Had to share!  Plus FREE shipping!!! 🤗🥳💝

Screenshot_20230829-022142_Chrome.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Yay! I'm just delighted to hear you are pleased with your Butter London eyeshadow pallettes.  That is so cool. It's alway nice to find a good product(s) with an especially great sale price. Enjoy!

And I'd still love to send you a Moisture Matte lippie to try...

💄🎁💝

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS  may I ask what liquid lippie shade is your favorite?  I am going to get the pink one for sure (I look best in cool and neutral shades). Is there another you would recommend?  Thanks!!