Respected Contributor
I started with a severely itchy scalp a few years ago, with slight rash. Then my whole body had it at times on and off. After several derm appts and tests, I was referred to Mayo clinic. Sometimes, if the simple steps your taking are not helping, it could be another disorder. Not necessarily serious. Take her to a Dr for tests...they can do a skin biopsy, and bloodwork. May be a simple fix...like diet, or environment. Hope she feels better. Oh, meantime, ice compresses may offer some relief. Good luck!!
Respected Contributor

Might be a good idea to check with the dermatologist if you can't find something to work.  I use Neutrogenia Daily control which is not harsh like their T-Gel shampoos.  Also, I sometimes use Scalpacin which you can direct at the itchy spot which helps. 

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy

My scalp sometimes gets itchy with the change of season. Doing a final rinse with plain a 50/50 white vinegar/water mix takes care of it quickly.  I usually use it for about a week every few months even w/o any itching. It is healthy and gives hair a nice shine, too.

Frequent Contributor

Just my two cents worth but I had the same problem. As it turned out there are two ingredients that are VERY long words that start with "M" ( too long to remember how to spell). You can usually find them at the end of the ingredient deck. Once I stopped using shampoo and conditioner with these two ingredients in them, the itching stopped. Sorry I don't remember the exact ingredients. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had scalp issues my entire life until I started using Wen.  I use a combo of tree tea with any other and works great.  It is a keeper for me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

You may want try Briogeo. QVC sells it. Watch the video and google it and see the reviews to see if it something you may want try on your daughter. I suffered from a very itchy scalf and this helped tremendously. Do some research and see what you think.

Esteemed Contributor

Save the money you will,spend trying all these different fixes and see a dermatologist.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy

I have itchy / oily scalp induced by medication I must take.  At least I know what causes it.

Wen has helped this problem considerably to the point that my hair is healthy and shiny.  But only stopping the medication will totally correct the problem.

Is daughter on any meds?  If so, you might check the side effects.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras