Respected Contributor

VERY IMPRESSED WITH ULTA LIP CRAYON...

I purchased Glacier,  it's a light plum color.  I'm really impressed with it...its matte, but velvety and not drying. 

I use baby lips balm 1st, under all my lipsticks, and this crayon has good solid color, and stays on.

I've been wearing some mattes alot lately,  and I like how natural looking they are, yet with good color.  I haven't worn glosses in a long time, and kinda not liking anything shiny on my lips.  I feel the matte is giving me a much softer look, with nice color.  I always use a lipliner too, MAC, or Laura Mercier.   $10 at Ulta, I'll likely buy another shade...very nice.

Respected Contributor

Re: VERY IMPRESSED WITH ULTA LIP CRAYON...

I too like the ulta lip crayon.   They are always running specials on the ulta line....bogo etc.  I use the specials to try out different colors at a great price.   If they don't work out I'm only out a few dollars. 

Respected Contributor

I got one in gift with purchase a few months ago.  I forgot about until I rummaged through my stash for a backup mascara a few weeks ago and pulled this out too.  I don't usually like a matte lip product, but I use this as a base under a sheer lipstick with a little shine.  It works great for that.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reviews and feedback, ladies.  Will definitely check them out.  One can't have too many lip crayons! 😉

Honored Contributor

I 💖 👄 🖍️.  I'm going to check this out now!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

I got one in gift with purchase a few months ago.  I forgot about until I rummaged through my stash for a backup mascara a few weeks ago and pulled this out too.  I don't usually like a matte lip product, but I use this as a base under a sheer lipstick with a little shine.  It works great for that.

@RollTide2008 I use a matte lipstick or a lip stain underneath my lippies too.  I don't like a totally matte lip.  I may have to look at these.  Mattes always seem so drying, so if this one isn't that would be a plus. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin  - I'm assuming this is the one you're talking about.  I'd love to give it a try.  I like anything long wearing that I don't have to reapply over and over. Thanks for the review.

ULTA Beauty Collection Velvet Matte Lip Crayon #1

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal , yep, that's it. 🙂

Respected Contributor

I always use Baby Lips balm under my lipstick and it's good under this crayon too, still stays put.  You could probably use the baby lips over this crayon too, if you like a little shine.   Baby lips comes in very sheer light colors too... and they don't interfere with my lipsticks, just so hydrating and softest tint.  The crayon is fine by itself too.