Super Contributor

Using Wen with hair coloring

I color my own hair and have a question. Normally, I use my regular shampoo after coloring and then a sealant/protector product I got at Sally's as my conditioner. I've never used the WEN after a color treatment. I'm wondering if I should do a WEN shampoo and repeat and use as a leave in, or do any of you have a routine that you find works best right after an at home color treatment. I did use a clarifying shampoo yesterday as I always do right before a color. Sorry if I sound like a dum dum.....

Respected Contributor

Re: Using Wen with hair coloring

I don't color at home...but I come home from getting salon color, do a single cleanse to get out the Paul Mitchell products my stylist uses, then apply Remoist & leave it in overnight, rinse it out the next morning (don't need to cleanse). Color still looks good, and my hair is shiny, silky & moisturized again!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I always use Wen after my color...(I don't do it at home anymore tho, I only get my roots done)....I do not have my color guy blow my hair dry, I come home with it wet, and re-rinse in my WEN...My color always looks great, and shiny...Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you very much. I have the color in my hair as we speak and am about to rinse it out. I will use the WEN. Appreciate the advice!

Honored Contributor

I color at home and don't shampoo afterward unless I don't like the color and want to tone it down.

I color on a weekend afternoon where I have nowhere to go afterward. Usually I rinse the color out, out, wash with WEN, then apply Remoist and let it air dry and sleep on it. The next morning I get my hair wait, massage the Remoist in, and then rinse the Remoist out. After that I put in my leave-in WEN and style as usual.

Honored Contributor

The 1st root touchup I did after I started using Wen I used a clarifying shampoo first & did the touchup the next day & used the Wen CC. The color did not seem to last as long on the gray hair around my hairline. I figured it was because I cleansed my hair right after. Next time I did a root touchup I used the clarifying shampoo & FIG as a conditioner. I waited a day to do my root touchup then jumped in the shower rinsed the color but did not cleanse my hair. I used the Re-Moist mask like you would use a regular conditioner, rinsed my hair. I thought my hair looked really good & the color seemed to last longer. When I used regular shampoo/conditioner I always waited 2 days before washing my hair. I only used the conditioner that came with the hair color after coloring.

Super Contributor

I have been using 613 CC after colorings and as a leave in with great results.

Super Contributor

I wish I could go to the salon for every color but I just can't afford it. My hair grows too fast. I decided to use the tea tree and did two cleanses after my color. Sometimes I get an irritated scalp for a couple of days so thought this might help that. I'll find out soon. Then I used SAM as a leave in. My hair looks great and so does the color. I'll try the 613 CC next time. The thing that was a nice surprise is I didn't see as much hair in the drain as I usually do after a color treatment. How great is that? Been using WEN consistently for about three weeks now. Thanks again!

Regular Contributor

I don't color at home, but I do get color every 8 weeks at a salon. I've been a WEN girl for 4 years. For the last 2, NOTHING but WEN has touched my hair because now I take it to the salon for my stylist to use. It's what she uses immediately after color and it's what I use always. I can only tell you what she has told me (and I have noticed, too) My color looks the same the day she does it as the day I go back 8 weeks later. She only touches up my roots and has told me she is amazed how good my color looks. Before, my color would get drab and she would have to do an all over color once in awhile to perk it up. Hope this helps!

Super Contributor

usually i dont color at home.