Valued Contributor

Re: Using Up My Creams & Serums!!!!!

Have to disagree about skipping sunscreen. Everything I have ever read and every Dr I have ever spoken to about my skin has said that daily sunscreen is a MUST. I just consider it my moisturizer and use it every day no matter what I am doing or how the weather is. Trying to protect every last molecule of collagen that I have!!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 10/24/2014 virgosun said:

Have to disagree about skipping sunscreen. Everything I have ever read and every Dr I have ever spoken to about my skin has said that daily sunscreen is a MUST. I just consider it my moisturizer and use it every day no matter what I am doing or how the weather is. Trying to protect every last molecule of collagen that I have!!!!!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 10/24/2014 virgosun said:

I agree also. I strongly believe (from experience) that the fluorescent lighting and computer can cause damage. Even if you just use a powder, foundation, BB/CC that has SPF it is better than nothing.

Respected Contributor

I am total agreement with sorting out the stash and using it up, but I like what I use and wouldn't consider switching lines. I just need to stop "collecting". I seem to be doing the same thing with hair care products. Ugh.

Contributor

This is just what I was thinking a few days ago when looking at all of my product lines!!

I plan to use things up and find things to use that I can buy in a store like Kohls maybe. They have an organic line.

So tired of paying all this money for things and all the shipping charges.

Honored Contributor

Excellent topic and thread!

I hit 50 and sat back and looked at ALL THE STUFF and wondered what the heck I was going to do with it all; so I organized it and found that I had a ton of samples/deluxe travel sized items and a few full size items- things I have used for years and like. The number of serums and eye creams is more than everything put together so it would appear that companies must include them more often than other skincare products.

I know what I want my skin to look like and if something doesn't feel good/deliver, then I use it on my arms, chest, feet, anywhere else. My goal is to be through all of it by the end of the year and ONLY have what works for me; what a DIFFERENCE that will make.

Same with makeup, btw. Enough is enough. Lol.

Regular Contributor

Me too. I've given up on all products I see on TV. None of them have done a single thing. I think drugstore brands are the best.

Regular Contributor

Me too. I've given up on all products I see on TV. None of them have done a single thing. I think drugstore brands are the best.

Contributor

The trouble with cheap drugstore brands though is all of the chemicals!!!

They have some good products at Kohls and Bath and Body Works that are not full of chemicals and not too over the top on cost.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/19/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 10/19/2014 sgraham30 said:

I'm doing the same thing,virgosun. Once I've used what I have here in the house, I won't be ordering skincare from the shopping channels any more, I'll just buy it locally. As you stated, all any of the lines have really done is keep my skin moisturized. I may go back to Olay since they seem to be highly rated.

I've already done that. I found that the Regenerist primer is a great multitasker I use the witch hazel toner, some sunscreen and the Regenerist. That's it. the worst thing is that a few weeks ago when I was using more than one product my co worker looked at me and said how great my skin looked and that my face looked tighter! The problem with that is that I had no idea what did it lol

That's funny. I rotate and use so many products that I have no clue which are truly working. I do know the ones that pill or dont sink in , or I dont like the smell or texture, but that is about it.