Occasional Contributor

Using Skin Dope oil as a scalp treatment?

Has anyone used Josie's Skin Dope oil as an overnight scalp treatment?  I'm thinking of trying that myself.  I'm very curious to see how it does.  I normally use WEN oils or sometimes store bought.  If anyone out there has used skin dope for a treatment please share what your thoughts are on it.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Using Skin Dope oil as a scalp treatment?

I have not. I bought it because of the protein and my hair does not respond well to too much protein, so I'm very careful about which hair products I use with protein and try to control how much I use and when.

I use other oils for my hair, including WEN, my own DIY oils, and some oils from brands for curly hair.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Using Skin Dope oil as a scalp treatment?

Thank you for the response. Smiley Happy

I used the skin dope on my scalp overnight last night and i really love it.  It felt wonderful on my scalp and my hair looks very full and shiney today.  I'm definitely adding into my rotation of treatments.  The last month or so I've been alternating between WEN oils (usually tea tree) and another oil I bought in a beauty supply that has biotin added in.  Now I'm going to add the skin dope into rotation.  Heart