Super Contributor

Re: Using Oil to Cleanse With Combo/Oily Skin

Smile Welcome to the BB community, F1wild!

Super Contributor

Those of you that use the oil cleansing method, and have found it to be effective, did you start out with normal/dry skin?

When I read about someone's success, I wonder if they are combo/oily as I am?

Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 Irishrose136 said:

Thank you Irishrose136. From Ireland?

Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 F1wild said:

I wish! My Dad and his family were Irish. There were certain Irish songs he used to sing to me. He had a nickname for me and I used part of it to make up this ID. In his memory. He was a great Dad and a phenomenal person. He's dead 15 years now and I still miss him so very much, every day! I was a Daddy's Girl! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 F1wild said:

I wish! My Dad and his family were Irish. There were certain Irish songs he used to sing to me. He had a nickname for me and I used part of it to make up this ID. In his memory. He was a great Dad and a phenomenal person. He's dead 15 years now and I still miss him so very much, every day! I was a Daddy's Girl! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Sorry for your loss. I only asked as my (soon to be ex) husband is from N Ireland and we lived there for awhile. He finds it funny when someone says they're Irish then when he asked what part they would say it was generations back. He had to learn the American way.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Sorry to hijack topic.

Super Contributor

I use an oil cleanser to remove makeup, but I always have to follow with a regular cleanser or I will break out. I have found that for me, oils just make my oily skin oilier, although I know that some people have opposite results. I find that the oil cleansers that emulsify with water are much better for my skin than straight oils. I like Tatcha and Dr. Young's.