Honored Contributor

Re: Using Isomers Copper on hair?

[ Edited ]

Pure, unoxidized copper is not blue but orange-red. Copper turns blue or green when it comes in contact with a combination of air and some acidic elements in which the copper is placed, giving it the green or blue hue. For example, you see the Statue of Liberty has a green color because the copper skin on the statue has reacted with the acidic environment. 

Copper peptides are a combination of proteins attached to copper ions. The product is not a metal and does not act the same either. The peptide portion of the molecule acts as a delivery system at the molecular level. They deliver the copper ions to living cells where the cells take in the ions and use them to maintain a healthy intercellular metabolism.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The copper peptide commonly used in cosmetics, GHK-Cu, really is blue.

Copper Peptide slide 1

https://www.activepeptide.com/product/ghk-cu/

https://www.ec21.com/ec-market/copper-peptide.html

"GHK-Cu (Copper Peptide).  Purity >98%.  Cat No. AP103002.  Other Names: Copper peptide; GHK Cu; Gly-His-Lys; copper tripeptide  Application: GHK-Cu is widely used in anti-aging cosmetics. Several controlled facial studies confirmed anti-aging, firming and anti-wrinkle activity.

• Eye cream and eye makeup
  • Anti-aging treatment
  • Facial moisturizer/lotion
  • Sunscreen
  • Body lotion

This product is pure powder with purity >99%.  No excipients, preservatives, anti-oxidants present, or used during the manufacturing process.  It is 100% synthesized in laboratory so not involved with plant, vegetable, or marine.  It is neither palm derived nor sustainably sourced."

The Isomers copper P serum and mask are not particularly blue looking. There might be a slight blue cast to the clear gel. That made me a little skeptical at first, having experience using other copper products that were blue, but Manuela stated that she found a version of this that did not have a strong color. And it works, so I assume the copper peptide Isomers found is still effective.

Edited to add: I looked at the Copper P and Copper rich mask ingredients again, and I only see various "Saccharomyces Ferments" of iron and copper etc. I'm still very confused by these products' ingredients. Sometimes it seems the INCI ingredients that have to be listed to meet labeling requirements can't tell the whole story about what a product is made of and what it can do. Why refer to copper peptides or at least imply them with the name, but then not show any copper peptides in the ingredients? I don't get it.

Edited again: I just watched the brief Evine video for the Copper P serum to make sure I'm not crazy. And Manuela refers to it as Copper Peptide serum, but then says that she developed it for a doctor who didn't want to use the blue copper peptide anymore and therefore she came up with a trace elements blend instead. That's exactly what I remembered. So I'm not crazy, phew! Okay but why not call it trace elements serum if there is no copper peptide actually in it? That was my dilemma when I first bought the stuff.

Confused! Cat Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Copper peptides contain copper sulfates, aka blue copper. The sulfate portion of the molecule is acidic in nature and that is why copper sulfates are blue. Copper alone is not blue. 

Valued Contributor

I've used Copper Peptides from a certain site which I don't know if QVC will allow a link.

I feel 'real' copper peptides do more to improve skin than anything else. There are some down sides to them but the results speak volumes compared to retinol or anything else.

I will try to link the site but the name is Skin Biology by Dr. Loren Pickart which I guess you can google.

I know they make a copper peptide for the scalp which does not stain light hair.

I use Minoxidil (Rogaine) and my hair has completely grown back, I am amazed. Its not as thick as when I was younger, but I have no thin spots on the crown which I had. I also bought the Hair Max band. Not sure if its doing anything because the hair growth I got was from the Rogaine which I started 6 months before buying the Hair Max. Whatever, I am so thrilled at how thick my hair has come back.

I am 70. My hair began to thin shortly after menopause. Increased over the years and I was so depressed. Tried everything, including Wen. I can't blame Wen because my hair was coming out before that.

Out of desperation, I tried Rogaine about 8 months ago. It doesn't work fast. I don't think I saw any new hair for about 4 months and that was with daily use. But when it started coming in, it didn't stop.

As I said, I've used Skin Biology copper peptides for years before any of the hair problems. I have learned that copper does more than any other product I've used.  The products on QVC which say they contain copper do not have enough strength. They do not work.

I am so impressed what copper peptides do for skin damage. I am Irish with fair skin living in Florida. I spent many of my young years sun bathing and wound up with sun damage to my face and arms. Dermatologist wanted to do strong acid peels on my body and face which required I stay in the dark for two days without even a lamp lit. I decided to hold off on it and increased the use of copper.

The sun damage is amost gone. It was deep, flaky and red on my forehead, nose and cheeks. Most is gone but I have not used it as often as I should. I know it works.  I haven't used anything else. Dark spots have lightened and I know will go away with continued use.

I'm not a scientist, but from reading a little, it somehow causes the deeper layers of skin to regenerate causing the upper parts of the skin to come off. You have to continue to use it. The down side is the bad spots look worse before they get better. Like with Retinol, you have to avoid sun so keep a sun block on.

Any copper which will work should look blue. If it doesn't, there's not enough to do anything. It must look blue.

Rogaine has irritated my scalp also. It is a side affect. I started putting copper peptides on the itchy spots and they go away and do not itch.

Skin Biology makes a copper peptide for use on the scalp which doesn't stain hair. Have no idea how it works and never tried it. But it is on their website.

I feel like I'm selling this product, but I'm not. I'm just a customer who has used some of the many products on the site probably over 12 years. I never followed their directions, just use it when I think of it. But the copper works. I've used it on burns and cuts and am amazed how well it heals and no scars.

I do wonder if you can overdose on copper. It is listed in vitamins and I wonder if using so much on your skin gets absorbed and could cause problems so I am cautious about it. The website does have a forum where you can ask questions but I never had. I really never used it as recommended because I worry about the safety of copper.  But I do use it on any type of skin damage. They also give you free samples which I love and sometimes buy later. I'll try to post the link, but if QVC doesn't allow you can google it.

Sorry to write so much, I just know how amazing copper is for the skin .https://store.reverseskinaging.com/category_s/18.htm