Esteemed Contributor

Using Isomers Copper on hair?

I have a large bottle of the Isomers Copper Rich Mask, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever put this on hair?

It really helps my skin so I checked the label and no mention of using it on hair.

Any thoughts?

Super Contributor

Re: Using Isomers Copper on hair?

I wouldn't.  Copper can discolor your hair.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dar321 

Well, that's all I need to know!

Just got a color yesterday, and don't want to mess with it.

Will stick to my Joico hair masque!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

I wouldn't.  Copper can discolor your hair.

I've never heard that before.  However, there is a lot of evidence that says topical copper used on the scalp helps stimulate hair growth. In fact some companies who make hair loss products feature copper as a beneficial ingredient for hair and scalp health.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

@Dar321 

I did see products for hair with copper, but decided to check with Isomers first before slathering it into my hair.

Stylist took my hair a shade or two lighter (at my request), and I was getting ready to do a healing masque.

However, since there is no mention on the label, I better ask first.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman I put a couple of drops of the Copper P serum on my scalp every morning, along with my eyebrows and lashes.  I use the Copper P mask on my face but have never tried it on my scalp.  If you contact Isomers, let us know what they say about that.

Honored Contributor

I use the Copper P on my scalp and it’s really helped with my bald spot. 

Trusted Contributor

I also use it on my scalp. It's fabulous! 

Super Contributor

I have silver/blonde hair, and was putting on my scalp for a couple weeks.  Had a copper spot on my blonde.  Maybe for dark hair would be ok.  IDK if the copper would affect hair dyes or not.  Heavy mineral bulild up is usually a detriment to dyes.

Honored Contributor

I use it on my hairline and it seems to help a little. My hair is dark blonde. No color issues. Copper peptide is blue, so if it affected hair color, it would be adding blue. My hair is not green! lol Also the Isomers copper peptide serum and mask in particular are not strongly colored at all. They are pretty much clear. So there should be even less issue with color than most copper peptide products.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr