Frequent Contributor

Uses for Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter

Uses for Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter. Was just watching presentation for super size and thought I heard that we're suppose to only use the Unscented for our face and neck area and the scented ones from the shoulders down?? Why the difference? Because of the scent? Just curious cause I have been using the scented ones on my face and body. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Uses for Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter

Hi-I would imagine it would just be b/c of the scent. If your skin tolerates the added scent on your face, then I would go for it!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you gimama for your response to my questions....I now agree with you that the only difference is the individual scents that are added to the basic mix, almost to the end of th list of Ingredients.

...so it really is one's preference as you said above. Thank you.

PS: I have noticed a softening of my forehead and neck lines because of applying it in the evening.

Trusted Contributor

I really disappointed in the body butters - the quality is there but they have no scent at all. I've tried a couple different ones and they're all the same - no scent.

Super Contributor

You can use them anywhere. But they are made only for the body. If you Choose to use one on your face, stick to the unscented as it has no extra scent to possibly bother you.

Respected Contributor

On 11/9/2014 gonnab said:

I really disappointed in the body butters - the quality is there but they have no scent at all. I've tried a couple different ones and they're all the same - no scent.

Her scents are light. What is there dissipates quickly. I've also found that the scent rarely resembles what the description is. But, I prefer the lighter scent that dissipates. You could try adding a drop or two of a favorite essential oil to yours. Not the same as the original scent but I find her body butters to be really great quality so maybe it's worth the step to you.
Trusted Contributor

I bought Be Comforted and think the scent lasts a long time. Most scents don't last long on me so I think this one may be too strong for many people. Maybe you should try it? It does smell a little like apples and cinnamon but I don't think it smells like apple pie, as some reviewers stated. But all of us have slightly different tolerances and interpretations of smells Smiley Wink

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

ETA - BTW, I like the smell Smiley Wink

KJPA
Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 gonnab said:

I agree! Or when there is a scent, it is very light, almost undetectable (with the exception of the ginger one, ew) and smells NOTHING like the name implies. I LOVE what they do for my skin but am no longer buying them (unless they come in a kit I want) because of the scent issue.