Honored Contributor

Re: Users of Perricone Neuropeptide Facial Cream...

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous195334 wrote:

I use a LOT of perricone products and I believe almost all of them on the actual products jar/tube say apply to clean skin. But when they are trying to get you to use like 5 different products at once, that advice goes out the window.

I've always heard Dana say to use cold plasma first because that is supposed to make the facial cream work "better" but who knows...

@Anonymous195334  I’m not sure that many products are necessary.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

The use of the facial cream in the order presented by Dana (after the serums) is because you put the thinnest product on first, which is usually the serums. She also suggests, and I find it works best for me, to use the cold plasmas (CPs) before the serums. That's because the CPs nourish your body. So I cleanse my face, put on the CPs, then the serums, then the Facial Cream, and then any moisturizer after that.

If you put the CPs or the serums on after the Facial Cream, they will not be as effective because they are thinner and won't be able to penetrate thru the Facial Cream as well to do their intended job.

When in doubt as to which product goes first, check out the Protocol that is a PDF available with each Perricone product on QVC. And sometimes they are included with the product when shipped to you. Or you can just go with the thinnest product first, ending up with your creams. Simpler that way.

However, if you use nothing else on your face than the Facial Cream, it would seem logical that it doesn't have other thin layers of product to go thru in order to give you the dramatic lift. For me, I need the nourishment of the CP products, which also makes all other layers of Perricone go on better. My skin feels silkier and smoother when I use CP first.

As to it always being said to put the products on a clean face, and you have several items you want to use and they can't all be first, the point in their advice is to ensure that all makeup, sweat, oils, etc., have been removed. Then you may layer your products one on top of the other. 

Hope this helps! Heart

@World Traveler  Trying not to offend, but serum, cold plasma, facial cream and then moisturizers? Then finally, I hope, an spf or you may as well not bother applying all the others.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus You are not offending me in the least. Heart

I use the cold plasma first because it nourishes my skin. My skin takes it in like a sponge, so I know I am lacking something that CP is giving me; thus, I continue to use it. Others may not need it. Also, I use it before my skin care regime much like someone might use a primer before putting on their makeup. The CP just makes the rest of the skin care products go on better. I have tried it without the CP and my skin doesn't feel the same without it. Just a personal preference.

The serums are targeted for specific reasons. The ones Perricone has, like other companies, can diminish the size of the pores, target deep wrinkle, target only the eye wrinkles, correct the complexion, etc. Some people may not need that. For us older users, it is nice to have a serum or two that can be used in specific areas for unwanted problems. Some you use at night; some can be used during the day.

As to the Daily Facial Cream from Perricone, it is specific to tightening the skin. It gives you a more uplifted appearance. So if someone doesn't need that, like younger gals, then they wouldn't purchase it.

You mentioned the moisturizer....I use Perricone's Neuropeptide Firming Moisturizer. It not only locks everything in for me, but continues (or builds upon) the firming that the Daily Facial Cream does. One could argue that using only one of the firming products would be enough, and they may be correct. However, in the TSVs of Perricone that I have purchased have either had the Daily Facial Cream and/or the Neuropeptide Firming Moisturizer, so I have both in abundance and use them together.

As to your mention of SPF, I don't use sunscreen by itself. There is an SPF included in Perricone's Face Finishing Moisturizer Tint (30%), which I tried one summer, but for me it was a little oily, no matter how little I put on. My makeup at this time is Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue (30%) only. I don't put anything on top of it, so it is very light and most people think I am not wearing makeup. It's just to even out the skin color.

When I am out and about, I use a paper umbrella in the sun. The people at work love all the various colors (20) I have to match my outfits and use when I take a break and go for a walk. I get stopped by other people out for a walk, wanting to know where I get them (online at Luna Bazaar, inexpensive). When I travel, I wear a big floppy hat. 

One thing about sunscreen, as I understand it, is that you are supposed to reapply every couple of hours. If that is true, then I would not want to keep putting more and more sunscreen throughout the day on a face that has makeup on it and has probably picked up grit and grime from the elements while I was out and about. And I would not want to put more and more makeup that has SPF in it every few hours throughout the day. My face would look quite caked. ha!

One other thing I might add for people who use more than one serum, you may mix the products together in your hand and put them on all at once. A little squirt of this in the hand, a little dab of that in the hand, etc., rub together and apply. I would suggest doing this if you are only using Perricone or if you are only using another brand.

I don't believe in mixing brands. You never know if the ingredients of one brand works well with ingredients of another brand or fights it, causing an outbreak on your skin. It's not that either brand is bad; it just that they may not be compatible; they were not made with another brand's ingredients in mind. I believe that single act by itself has helped me avoid any major problems with my skin. I am very careful of being loyal to one brand, no matter which one it is at the time. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I'm off to celebrate the day with friends and family. Hope you do too. Heart

Valued Contributor

World traveler you are a wealth of information. Thank you! I have to say that a few months ago I stopped using Perricone thinking I didn't need expensive products. I could not believe the difference in my face, I looked so much older. The firming of the products is just what I need. Younger girls probaly not so  much but when I looked in the mirror I saw an old lady looing back. I went back to perricone and everything tightened back up.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Too often a skincare line will try to convince you that your skin requires many more products than necessary. Listen/read carefully. Some products overlap and do the same things. A moisturizer is a moisturizer, etc.

@Shanus......”Happy Thanksgiving” hope your day was nice. I have to agree with you. Just my thoughts but I think using to many products can cause one’s skin to become congested. I really think less is better. I use a Vitamin C Serum and Retin-A at night and in the morning a face serum, eye serum and moisturizer with a SPF. Simple and easy and it works for my skin type. (69 yrs old, combination skin) I use several of Mario Badescu cleansers morning and night. I was sad when QVC quit carrying his line. It’s so nice and inexpensive too. ❤️🙋🏻
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Shanus You are not offending me in the least. Heart

I use the cold plasma first because it nourishes my skin. My skin takes it in like a sponge, so I know I am lacking something that CP is giving me; thus, I continue to use it. Others may not need it. Also, I use it before my skin care regime much like someone might use a primer before putting on their makeup. The CP just makes the rest of the skin care products go on better. I have tried it without the CP and my skin doesn't feel the same without it. Just a personal preference.

The serums are targeted for specific reasons. The ones Perricone has, like other companies, can diminish the size of the pores, target deep wrinkle, target only the eye wrinkles, correct the complexion, etc. Some people may not need that. For us older users, it is nice to have a serum or two that can be used in specific areas for unwanted problems. Some you use at night; some can be used during the day.

As to the Daily Facial Cream from Perricone, it is specific to tightening the skin. It gives you a more uplifted appearance. So if someone doesn't need that, like younger gals, then they wouldn't purchase it.

You mentioned the moisturizer....I use Perricone's Neuropeptide Firming Moisturizer. It not only locks everything in for me, but continues (or builds upon) the firming that the Daily Facial Cream does. One could argue that using only one of the firming products would be enough, and they may be correct. However, in the TSVs of Perricone that I have purchased have either had the Daily Facial Cream and/or the Neuropeptide Firming Moisturizer, so I have both in abundance and use them together.

As to your mention of SPF, I don't use sunscreen by itself. There is an SPF included in Perricone's Face Finishing Moisturizer Tint (30%), which I tried one summer, but for me it was a little oily, no matter how little I put on. My makeup at this time is Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue (30%) only. I don't put anything on top of it, so it is very light and most people think I am not wearing makeup. It's just to even out the skin color.

When I am out and about, I use a paper umbrella in the sun. The people at work love all the various colors (20) I have to match my outfits and use when I take a break and go for a walk. I get stopped by other people out for a walk, wanting to know where I get them (online at Luna Bazaar, inexpensive). When I travel, I wear a big floppy hat. 

One thing about sunscreen, as I understand it, is that you are supposed to reapply every couple of hours. If that is true, then I would not want to keep putting more and more sunscreen throughout the day on a face that has makeup on it and has probably picked up grit and grime from the elements while I was out and about. And I would not want to put more and more makeup that has SPF in it every few hours throughout the day. My face would look quite caked. ha!

One other thing I might add for people who use more than one serum, you may mix the products together in your hand and put them on all at once. A little squirt of this in the hand, a little dab of that in the hand, etc., rub together and apply. I would suggest doing this if you are only using Perricone or if you are only using another brand.

I don't believe in mixing brands. You never know if the ingredients of one brand works well with ingredients of another brand or fights it, causing an outbreak on your skin. It's not that either brand is bad; it just that they may not be compatible; they were not made with another brand's ingredients in mind. I believe that single act by itself has helped me avoid any major problems with my skin. I am very careful of being loyal to one brand, no matter which one it is at the time. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I'm off to celebrate the day with friends and family. Hope you do too. Heart

@World Traveler: Such a thoughtful and, for me, useful description of the choices we have for our skin.

You also expressed well my more recent feelings about sunscreen on the face. It does need to be reapplied. It frequently isn't strong (30 to 50 needed), though some foundations have it (IT). For daily office use, no I do not add sunscreen. If I'm out on an outdoor excursion, sunscreen is more important than foundation!

Smiles. {Even if smiling causes wrinkles.} Our brain love smiling. 

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Too often a skincare line will try to convince you that your skin requires many more products than necessary. Listen/read carefully. Some products overlap and do the same things. A moisturizer is a moisturizer, etc.

@Shanus......”Happy Thanksgiving” hope your day was nice. I have to agree with you. Just my thoughts but I think using to many products can cause one’s skin to become congested. I really think less is better. I use a Vitamin C Serum and Retin-A at night and in the morning a face serum, eye serum and moisturizer with a SPF. Simple and easy and it works for my skin type. (69 yrs old, combination skin) I use several of Mario Badescu cleansers morning and night. I was sad when QVC quit carrying his line. It’s so nice and inexpensive too. ❤️🙋🏻

@Naturesbeauty  Lots of leftovers and today have to figure out another way to use them up. Hope your day was great, too. Skincare: Obviously we agree on less is more and a simple is better and easier. BTW, Badescu is available at Nordstrom or some other major dept. stores....also online. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler.  Re: Use of SPF. FYI...Unless you’re applying your makeup on neck/chest and a lot on face, you’re usually not protected. It’s recommended to use a separate spf after moisturizer & before foundation...hair line to bra line. No, I do not reapply during the day. I use spf 50 on a daily basis. The only sun I’m exposed to is while doing errands, getting in and out of car. 

For summer, if sweating, sunbathing (not me), dog walking or running outdoors, I use a waterproof “sport” spf. 😊

Frequent Contributor

World Traveler, just curious...

Have you stuck with the original Cold Plasma or moved on to the Cold Plasma+?

I had bought the tsv cold plasma+ when it was on qvc to lock in the price/autodelivery but have yet to really use it much. I want to use up all my original CP first that I had stocked up on during their last black friday sale.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous195334 I am using up my Cold Plasma Face (regular), which I am on my last jar of that, so have not had a chance to try the Plus yet. Probably in two months, because Perricone products last so long. You don't need a lot.

For the eyes, I have been using the new CP Plus. Haven't been using it long enough to know if it is better or not. But I have noticed that it is a little thicker in consistency. That's neither good or bad, just an observation.