Respected Contributor

Urban decay all nighter setting spray....

I used all over my face with the It cc cream and saw no difference at all......then to be sure, I used it only on one side to see difference.....none.   I have combination skin.  t zone quite oily.  I will return to Ulta.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Urban decay all nighter setting spray....

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

I used all over my face with the It cc cream and saw no difference at all......then to be sure, I used it only on one side to see difference.....none.   I have combination skin.  t zone quite oily.  I will return to Ulta.  

@chiclet   I had to giggle since I’ve found most purchased setting sprays disappointing, too. I mix my own w/ rose water and bottled water (50/50 mix). I mostly use it after applying setting powder to bring back a dewey look. I have found that some can clog pores, cause makeup to oxidize or if it contains silicone, actually cause foundation to slide rather than “set”. 

Respected Contributor

I recently discovered their all nighter setting powder, it actually works better than the spray. I was very impressed with it.

Honored Contributor

I have used it for a year or so and love it.  Nothing will rub off and keeps makeup intact even in high heat and humidity.  When I workout and sweat, I can wipe my face and no makeup comes off but without it, the towel gets smudged with my foundation which is just a very light layer of Perricone No foundation foundation.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many, many years ago a well known local makeup artist shared her "setting" tips. She used two thin 1/4" - 3/8" round natural sponges, approx 2 1/2" - 3" diameter, soaked in very cold, even better with ice water. Wring well, and press lightly over the face to set the makeup. She also recommended using hot water, same soak and wring well, to set eye makeup. I've been doing this successfully for decades. I also use Wen's Replenishing Treatment Mist, a great multi tasker, with great results to set my face makeup. 

Honored Contributor

I have been using it for a couple years and love it.  I see a big difference when I don't use it.  It keeps my make up in tact all day.

Honored Contributor

Arent setting sprays full of alcohol??

Super Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Wow. I find a HUGE difference if I don't use it. It makes my makeup last all day and night. Funny how products work wonderfully for some and not at all for others. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

Many, many years ago a well known local makeup artist shared her "setting" tips. She used two thin 1/4" - 3/8" round natural sponges, approx 2 1/2" - 3" diameter, soaked in very cold, even better with ice water. Wring well, and press lightly over the face to set the makeup. She also recommended using hot water, same soak and wring well, to set eye makeup. I've been doing this successfully for decades. I also use Wen's Replenishing Treatment Mist, a great multi tasker, with great results to set my face makeup. 

@rochelleS 

Have you tried using the dry oil spray to set your make-up? It works great!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife 

No I haven't, in spite of reading favorable comments as to its being a great makeup setting product. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the reminder! ♡♡♡