Regular Contributor

I do like Urban Decay shadows with a matte finish. Really nice color.  The lipsticks in the Vice catagory are great too.

I did try the eye primer, but my lids are oily and it did not work for me.  What did work was Nars eye primer,  lasted all day, I was pleased and surprised......... finally!

Honored Contributor

Nothing beats their 24/7 eyeliner pencils.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

It's time to let go of the mindset that there are "ages" for things.   Just use common sense and step out of your comfort zone once in a while.  Change can be very nice sometimes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I didn't purchase anything.  Things sold out so quickly and I didn't know enough about the line and products to place an order.  Although I'm trying to simplify my makeup, I was interested in two items I don't currently use - the eye shadow primer and the finishing spray.  My eyelids must be very oily because eye makeup disappears quickly.  I went out shopping today, wasn't out long and by the time I got home it looked like I had no eye shadow or liner on.  If you use the primer and finishing spray do you recommend them?

Thanks!  

@this is my nic

I have used UD eye shadow primer and it does work. The only reason why I did not replace it recently is due to the fact that I had purchased some Tatcha Pre Makeup balm primer, that can be used on your eyelids as well so I am using that. So far it's doing an excellent job. I truly believe that most eye shadow primers by most brands tend to work well. Just my opinion. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was really interested in the Elements Eyeshadow Palette. However, items were selling out too quickly and they did not really even get an opportunity to fully demonstrate or show the colors. I wanted to see how if you added the middle color (white) it would add a glitteraffect to some of the Palettes. As others have mentioned I hate high sales pressure tactics. I am not going to hurry and purchase something because its about to sell out. I figured if QVC does not show it again then I can pick it up at Sephora or Ulta come Christmas time. 

On a different note. I wish Shawn would have stopped calling the brand representatives Girl or Girls. It's rude. Those were grown married woman, either call them by their names or ladies. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I was really interested in the Elements Eyeshadow Palette. However, items were selling out too quickly and they did not really even get an opportunity to fully demonstrate or show the colors. I wanted to see how if you added the middle color (white) it would add a glitteraffect to some of the Palettes. As others have mentioned I hate high sales pressure tactics. I am not going to hurry and purchase something because its about to sell out. I figured if QVC does not show it again then I can pick it up at Sephora or Ulta come Christmas time. 

On a different note. I wish Shawn would have stopped calling the brand representatives Girl or Girls. It's rude. Those were grown married woman, either call them by their names or ladies. 

For those interested, temptalia dot com has a review of the Elements palette on her blog on 9/8/18 complete with swatches.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

I am 69 and have been using UD for a few years. Love their eyeshadow primer, their UD Naked eyeshadows and LOVE their Vice lipsticks of which I own several. Just a note for some of you who are looking to save a few bucks; if you go online to Sephora, most of the UD Naked shadow palettes are being sold at 50% off as the Naked line in eyeshadows are being discontinued per my Sephora store. Or if you are near a Sephora store, check out the same; I just bought the Naked palette for $27 (originally $54) at my local sephora.

I love this brand! 

Valued Contributor

Re: Urban Decay

[ Edited ]

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

I get the feeling that Urban Decay is marketed towards a younger audience.  I am 55 and like most of the things that are being presented, but the show feels like it is for a younger audience.  I think someone my age can pull it off, and I have never been one that went by age on anything except some clothes that I can't pull off, so are there any older customers watching and purchasing? 

I am 69 and love UD!  Own all the Naked palettes - great pigment and colors.  Just ordered their new Elements palette from their website.

Valued Contributor

Elements is for sale now on the UD website.

Honored Contributor

They have some really nice things....it's just the packaging and name of the company is a bit edgier.