Contributor

Re: Urban Decay shadows and fallout

It sounds like you are using way too much color or maybe, not blending enough. If you aren't using an eye primer, it could help you.

I use BE but love the UD Naked Palette and have no fall out problems with either. I generally use a primer, but not always.

Try using a lighter touch with the brush to the eye color, less is better. You can always add more color. And blend over the eyelid.

Honored Contributor

try using them wet-I discovered this as an experiment and it really works.

You need no primer and there in no fall out. Just wet your brush-take off excess water with a tissue and swipe on color.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

I've also never had a problem with UD shadows and fallout.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I don't have a problem with fallout with UD shadows, either. I do use an eye primer (love UD's anti-aging primer potion) and tap off the excess before applying to the lid.

Super Contributor

One thing I learned from Trish McEvoy tutorials is to do my eyes first, then do my foundation - that way if you do have any fallout you can clean it up without ruining your foundation.

Super Contributor

On 2/23/2014 pistolino said:

One thing I learned from Trish McEvoy tutorials is to do my eyes first, then do my foundation - that way if you do have any fallout you can clean it up without ruining your foundation.

Interesting idea. I have never done that but will consider it. Thanks for the tip!

Super Contributor

I rarely use primers and never have a problem with fall out.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I was able to get a small ammo palette at a great price. Love some of the colors, and how they look on, but the fallout is terrible. I won't buy any other shadow from them bc of this. I also don't think the 24/7 liners are great. Love me some potion primer, but that's about it! Eta: I always do my eyes first, but the cleanup is terrible, esp the glitter shades.
Super Contributor

Wow, I've never heard of anyone having fallout issues with UD. I too have Naked 1 and 2...like someone else said, sounds like you are picking up too much product and thus the fallout. UD shadows are highly pigmented and so easy to work with...you don't need alot.

Super Contributor

I put my eye shadow on first then my foundation and blush! I've never had a problem w/ fallout! Try tapping your brush before you apply the eye shadow. HTH