Honored Contributor

Urban Decay or Smashbox Setting Sprays

Which do you like best and why?  I have both and seem to reach for the UD mostly.

Respected Contributor

Re: Urban Decay or Smashbox Setting Sprays

URBAN DECAY ALL THE WAY.  IT'S GREAT.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Can I add MAC to the list? I find it to be less sticky in warm weather and also works well when I spray it on a shadow brush and go into an eye shadow for staying power. It seems to dry more quickly on the shadow than others causing less damage to that shade. 

I also use the MAC one in a darker shadow as liner without experiencing any irritation. I do usually recommend just Visine eye drops for this. 

Respected Contributor

I really love the Smashbox Primer Water, but the best setting spray that keeps my makeup on longer is the Ben Nye! That spray is no joke! It smells like spearmint gum. 

Honored Contributor

Urban Decay is alcohol based, probably not good if you have dry skin. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@monicakm   Can I add MAC to the list? I find it to be less sticky in warm weather and also works well when I spray it on a shadow brush and go into an eye shadow for staying power. It seems to dry more quickly on the shadow than others causing less damage to that shade. 

I also use the MAC one in a darker shadow as liner without experiencing any irritation. I do usually recommend just Visine eye drops for this. 

@Shanus   I assume you are talking about MAC Fix Plus? I love Fix Plus to help my powders to mesh into my skin, so to speak, but I don’t feel like it helps my makeup last. There is something special about it for sure though! 🙂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   Tarte --- more natural ingredients.  Cucumber and aloe extracts.  16 hour staying power, sweatproof, waterproof.  No parabens, no sulfates.

super size shape tape™ stay spray vegan setting spray

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

I've been wondering about MAC.  Great tips!  I might have to get that one.  I've been wondering about IT Cosmetics setting spray, but I might try MAC first.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Urban Decay broke my face out.

I'm not a setting spray person. I have no issue with my make-up not lasting but maybe it's because my skin leans towards dry.  

However, if I were to spend money on such a product it would definitly be Hourglass Veil Soft Focus Setting Spray.  This stuff is awesome.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

I've been wondering about MAC.  Great tips!  I might have to get that one.  I've been wondering about IT Cosmetics setting spray, but I might try MAC first.

@SurferWife   It's a small point, but to me, it's less "sticky" than others I've worked with. Some leave a film or I can feel it on my face. Maybe my skin's more sensitive to this because I work w/ so many different products.