Honored Contributor

Re: Urban Decay....is it just me?

I really like Urban Decay's lipsticks and eye liners, but I purchase them at Ulta so I can look at the colors.....Lately I don't think QVC has been doing a good job of showing colors and saying which colors the models are wearing.....

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle---Microblading is semipermanent and they use a tool wth tiny needles on it that scratches color into you skin, like the brows, kind of like a tattoo but you need to keep it up. There are  no regulations for this either. So pretty much anyone can say they can do this procedure.  have heard and read about some horrible infections that people can get. You need to do your homework for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel like Urban Decay has some sort of sad identity crisis going on.  They put out your run-of-the-mill neutral palette, packed with shades everyone already owns.  Then they put out a colorful palette, but it has barely any matte shades.  Much of the time it seems like their creative team is just phoning it in.

I don't understand what's going on there.  Do they have a dart board with ideas on it that they use to decide what's next?

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Contributor

@mitzi56 wrote:

Watching this is just torture....the lighting is awful, the set is awful, and I basically just hate everything about it, sorry QVC!  I'm out.

Theyre using very very dark lighting on many shows I noticed.

Honored Contributor

@hummingbee wrote:

@mitzi56 wrote:

Watching this is just torture....the lighting is awful, the set is awful, and I basically just hate everything about it, sorry QVC!  I'm out.

Theyre using very very dark lighting on many shows I noticed.

@hummingbee  It’s beginning to look like 70’s coffee shops or bars the kids go to now with weird lighting. Maybe it goes along w/ appealing to the younger audience. I wonder if they realize they’re losing us.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I love the naked palettes and disagree you have to be “young” to wear them but it’s a personal choice. 

@GenXmuse  I am well into my 60s and wear a few Urban Decay products, but it's not a beauty business secret that the brand is marketed to attract a customer base between teens and 30.  That said, many of the products can be applied to look good on any age and their foundation shade selection is awesome.  

Occasional Contributor

I really like them too.