Contributor

Urban Decay....is it just me?

Watching this is just torture....the lighting is awful, the set is awful, and I basically just hate everything about it, sorry QVC!  I'm out.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Urban Decay....is it just me?

@mitzi56

It isn't just you!

I've seen enough youtube beauty influencers do tutorials with Urban Decay that it makes the QVC women who are talking over each other look like amateurs.

Also why would people pay QVC's full price and shipping on beauty items when people can shop around for other retailers and websites that would offer free shipping?

Valued Contributor

The lighting was so bad that I could not make any decisions if I wanted to try any of the products. Plus I didn't have confidence in the vendors. 

Trusted Contributor

@TY I'm with you!  Ladies!  Urban Decay products can be purchased from other online retailers and retail outlets who offer cheaper everyday prices and routinely have BOGO promotions.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It looked like alot of red!  Red lip reddish eyeshadow and the lighting looked red!  It was telling me NOT to buy!

Honored Contributor

Loreal purchased Urban Decay: worth noting "Cruelty Free Kitty" highlights points as well questions consumers have concerning supporting a brand that is owned by a parent company who like (Loreal) is not cruelty free. 

Honored Contributor

Urban Decay is known to be an “out there” line. Their shades are trendy are often not flattering or easy to wear if you’re no longer in your 20’s. 

Red or darker pinks are really tough to wear around the eyes without black, thick liner to avoid the “rabbit” look. 

Super Contributor

There is a huge make up market that is made up of very young people and Urban Decay has been instramental in creating that market. I think whover created that set for QVC really went overboard. Such a joke. Yeah, it is a line directed at young people but young people are not necessairily fools. They have adult sales people trying to look young and trendy. Fail. I don't use Urban Decay. I don't like the colors in most of their eye shadow palettes and my skin does not like thier primers and foundatrions.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Naked Cherry eyeshadow palette is not a favorite of beauty youtubers either. At this time of year many are doing videos of monthy or yearly favorites and fails and this palette is in their fail category due to its price, lack of differentiation among shades as well as poor color payout.

Also the cherry scented version of the All Nighter fixing spray which thankfully wasn't shown on QVC also got a lot of criticism from beauty gurus due to the cough syrup scent.

And lastly, Urban Decay also got slammed for their ridiculous PR packaging with their excessive junk like the giant plastic cherry that the collection came in as all this packaging ends up in landfills.

@Shanus

I agree with you. I have dark circles under my eyes and pinks and purples in shadows above my eyes only emphasizes that.

Valued Contributor

I think the models for the Urban Decay line are gorgeous, but they apply way too much makeup and they actually look older. Not that looking old is a bad thing, but the application doesn't showcase how to really make their beauty stand out.