Honored Contributor

Urban Decay Hydromaniac Tinted Glow Hydrator

Whew, that's quite a name for a tinted moisturizer.  

Any feedback on this one? Shade accuracy? Finish? Length of wear?

It's on the Ulta 21 Days sale tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Urban Decay Hydromaniac Tinted Glow Hydrator

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Sounds interesting! Hope someone who's tried it responds!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

It was a bit too glowy for me but that's a personal taste thing.  I also couldn't get a good shade match so those are the reasons I sent mine back.

Honored Contributor

I had an appointment this morning so I stopped at Ulta.  I'm so glad I didn't order this online. The shades are way off.  I'm usually a light-medium in liquid foundation and the Hydromaniac was super orange. The light looked like my best option.  For $14.50,  decided to try it.  I also picked up two tubes of Mad Hippie Eye Cream , BOGO 40% offf.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I could never get a shade match with this foundation.

Honored Contributor

I tried the Hydromaniac Tinted Glow Hydrator because we had plans to meet family this afternoon.  The color was good for me.  I tried using a beauty blender but it seemed to remove the product rather than provide even coverage. I switched to a kabuki brush and liked that much better.  I was careful to not overdo it, although it is buildable if you like more. Like most tinted moisturizers, the finish was a bit more dewy than I prefer so I added a powder over the top.  Normally I'd use Laura Geller B-n-B but I grabbed the bisque Pur compact and I REALLY liked the end result. 

Regular Contributor

I bought this from Ulta when it was half-price.  Purchased the shade "Fair," which is much too light for me.  However, I had an ulterior motive!  I mixed it with a matte foundation that was a bit too dark for my complexion.  The result was the perfect color with a nice (not over-shiny!) glow.  I am very happy with the results.  The foundation itself is medium coverage, and perhaps would be too "glowy" on its own.  But mixed with a matte foundation turned out to be a winner in both coverage and finish.   

Respected Contributor

I feel like my foundation looks the best when I mix 2 shades, one matte and one illuminating.