Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have been getting ads for this product, a prescription eye drop that helps to firm up the eye socket and lift hooded eyes.

It can be used twice a day and the results are an immediate tightening of the eye.

Its $240 for a 45 day supply, I think. Anyone try this?

I'm thinking of getting the script.....

Respected Contributor

@JamandBread 

Since the " eye socket " is bony, I question how it can be tightened.  Please consult an ophthalmologist before spending that kind of money and, more importantly, before putting those drops in your precious eyes.

Additionally, I would check with a plastic surgeon's office...they should be knowledgeable about drops " tightening " the eyes vs eyelid surgery.  They may even suggest other options.

( I had my eyelids done in 1996 and at almost 78, they still look very good. )

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@JamandBread 

Since the " eye socket " is bony, I question how it can be tightened.  Please consult an ophthalmologist before spending that kind of money and, more importantly, before putting those drops in your precious eyes.

Additionally, I would check with a plastic surgeon's office...they should be knowledgeable about drops " tightening " the eyes vs eyelid surgery.  They may even suggest other options.

Depending on where and how severe the hooding is, insurance may cover certain types.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@JamandBread 

Depending on where and how severe the hooding is, insurance may cover certain types.

Thanks! I'd love to have the surgery, but I can't afford the down time right now. This supposedly works immediately (within 2 hours) to tighten the skin. The before and afters on the manufacturers website are pretty impressive.

I just put a call into my eye doctor to see if he has any experience with it.

Respected Contributor

Upneeq is indicated for Ptosis.  Ptosis is a drooping eyelid due to weak eyelid muscle. If your hooding is just your eyelid drooping, it may tighten the lid.   the B&As show eyes with no excess skin.

Honored Contributor

I think I'd rather opt for a non-invasive type of cosmetic procedure for eyelids. There are a few different ones which can be discussed with your derm. 

Regular Contributor

@JamandBread  It is a waste of money. My optometrist gave me some samples. I used them and found no benefit.

Honored Contributor

I bought a box last time I was in for Botox and I like it.  It improved the bit of hood I'm developing and it made my eyes look bigger. Some people find it makes them look too intense with the wider eye so I would ask for a sample first.  I don't use it everyday but it's nice to have when I want to look more awake. I don't know how useful it would be if you had pronounced droopiness though. 
They come in individually packaged droppers and each dropper gives me about two-three days worth.