Honored Contributor

Re: Update on the Artis 'Fluentis" #8 Fdn. Brush from Neiman Marcus (long)

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775 wrote:

@ntreadwe wrote:

There is only an Oval 6, Oval 8 and Oval 10.   Nothing between the 8 and 10.    Looks like there might be some day since they left a spot.      I have the 6 and 8.   use the Oval 6 for my foundation and blush.   Use my Oval 8 for power and bronzer.    LOVE these brushes.   Such a soft touch to apply.   Can't wait to add to my collection

ya know I thought the same! if one was maybe in between the 6 and 8  I just may try it...but not now - no way. I am pleased with what I have and I do think the 8 would be better for like powder foundation and like you say how you use it for powder and bronzer most definitely and I'm not into those hardly at all these days with dry skin. I love my Trish and other bronzer brushes hands down the best one is her bronzer brush. Bronzer for me needs to be applied in such diff ways on the face this Artis would not do teh job as I'd like.

@ntreadwe I'm so happy you enjoy these Smiley Wink and @suzyQ3..did not mean to sway ya but this if you are like me with handles kinda awkward and this being rather large ...hope my reveiw helps. See in person if you can? Soon they will be all over and everyone will be making them.

@mimi5775Oh, no worries at all. I meant that the concerns you mentioned had already been on my radar, so I had already decided against purchasing these brushes. In addition to what you mentioned, I also am not convinced that this design is the wave of the future, even if there are many imitators down the road.

As I posted earlier, I saw typical trickery in the presentation. And when I saw on their very glitzy but user-unfriendly site that they were charging $50 for what is basically a simple microfiber cloth and $350 for an acrylic brush holder, red flags went up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Why not just admit that you can't swing 72.00 a piece and be done with it ? Why quibble about non- issues, why deride a truly superior novel idea when you have no practical experience with which to equitably form an opinion ?  Many people researched Artis brushes in an attempt to come to your aide, to assist you in decision making.  Many graciously contributed their thoughts in order to help others considering making what might be a significant budgetary allotment ( for a nonessential item )  easier .

These brushes are unlike anything before them.  Makeup application is easier, more uniform , require less product , cause far less irritation than any of the prestige brushes sold at nearby counters by their competitors.  There is no need to waste time comparing them with drug store brands.   There is no trickery in the homes of those who have purchased , examined, and used them.  Are we all bent on deception too?  

The cleaning pad removes makeup from the brushes without damaging them.  Unlike microfiber which accumulates bacteria and fungi and provides for them a safe home in which to replicate, the Artis pad is antimicrobial.  You won't get that musty odor of "germs" growing and multiplying in a Petrie dish of sloughed skin cells, oils and miscellaneous debris that is readily apparent with a used microfiber cloth within a week or two of daily use.  You won't be spreading that detritus and slime onto your face with your next makeup application.  And, that's with the dry Artis pad, alone.

To anyone in search of a truly superior makeup tool. I hope you will be swayed solely by your own, hands on, personal experience with Artis, NM and Q models and yes, with the O! Wow knockoff.  I am relatively certain you will be pleased.  If you never have to replace another brush, if you are more pleased with the face looking back at you from your mirrors, that is a sound investment.

Honored Contributor

Wow.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Wow.

My exact thought. You can't respond to what amounts to a personal attack, and in a beauty forum to boot..... 

BTW, I agree with your opinion on this brush.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Why not just admit that you can't swing 72.00 a piece and be done with it ? Why quibble about non- issues, why deride a truly superior novel idea when you have no practical experience with which to equitably form an opinion ?  Many people researched Artis brushes in an attempt to come to your aide, to assist you in decision making.  Many graciously contributed their thoughts in order to help others considering making what might be a significant budgetary allotment ( for a nonessential item )  easier .

These brushes are unlike anything before them.  Makeup application is easier, more uniform , require less product , cause far less irritation than any of the prestige brushes sold at nearby counters by their competitors.  There is no need to waste time comparing them with drug store brands.   There is no trickery in the homes of those who have purchased , examined, and used them.  Are we all bent on deception too?  

The cleaning pad removes makeup from the brushes without damaging them.  Unlike microfiber which accumulates bacteria and fungi and provides for them a safe home in which to replicate, the Artis pad is antimicrobial.  You won't get that musty odor of "germs" growing and multiplying in a Petrie dish of sloughed skin cells, oils and miscellaneous debris that is readily apparent with a used microfiber cloth within a week or two of daily use.  You won't be spreading that detritus and slime onto your face with your next makeup application.  And, that's with the dry Artis pad, alone.

To anyone in search of a truly superior makeup tool. I hope you will be swayed solely by your own, hands on, personal experience with Artis, NM and Q models and yes, with the O! Wow knockoff.  I am relatively certain you will be pleased.  If you never have to replace another brush, if you are more pleased with the face looking back at you from your mirrors, that is a sound investment.

Thank you for saying what I wanted to say.  I shyed away from this thread.  I guess everybody has their opinions, but I still say these are the best brushes I've used.  I feel that spending the money on something that totally does what it says it does and lasts and that's made well, to me it's worth every penney I spent on these brushes.  As I said before, I don't like to share the same brush to apply foundation or blush or bronzer or anything else.  the oval 8 applies my makeup in seconds, and I don't find it too large (I don't have a wide large face), I reach every aspect of my face with that oval 8 brush.  That 6 brush is perfect for blush.  Best thing of all you have options on how you clean these brushes.  Instead of using the micro pad and cleaner I have, I just cleaned these brushes this morning using the brush egg and dawn liquid dish soap and they look like I just purchased these brushes.  They cleaned up well and hold their shape without bent brush hairs.  

Sorry anybody didn't like them and had to return.  I would have given these brushes more time to adjust to them and work with them before I would have sent them back if I didn't like them.  

Again, thanks for your post CoG.  You said what I wanted to say and didn't.  Have a great weekend.