Respected Contributor

Re: Update on the Artis 'Fluentis" #8 Fdn. Brush from Neiman Marcus (long)

FYI, the other brush company is named Cailyn, not Caitlyn.

I received the Q set yesterday.  I like them.  #6 is easy to use for foundation and all-over eye.  The smaller one is good for crease.  I like how easy it is to clean them.  I don't know how often I'll use the linear brush.  I'm on the fence, though, due to the cost.  Will try then for a few days before deciding.

Respected Contributor

I was looking at other cailyn products on amazon and found the below brush by Etude House.

It is the Etude House My Beauty Tool Secret Brush.  It is $11ish with $4.98 shipping.

Valued Contributor

I got my Artis set from the Q yesterday and I already sent it back.  There is no doubt that these are great brushes and I love the oval 6 brush.  But I really wasn't wowed by the oval 3 and I don't wear eyeliner so don't have a use for the linear 1 brush.  I tried it for my brows but prefer a regular angled brow brush.  Since the oval 6 was the only one I felt I would use, I couldn't justify the cost for the whole kit.  I have the Cailyn brush coming from Amazon tomorrow and from all the reviews, I think I will like it.  It is so interesting to read everyone's reviews and experiences with these innovative brushes.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay my LAST update! I'm sending the Artis Fluentis # 8 foundation brush back to Neiman Marcus...it's no different to me in the way my face looks when using my Tarte and Hourglass and Trish's skunk/stippling foundation brushes then just dabbing off excess gently with a tissue and buffing it in with Tarte's or other brushes I have after applied to get a nice and smooth look.

@Blingqueen and @CoG and others.

I simply can't get used to the arched handle, it seems to apply kind of awkward.. it's not ergonomically sensible to me :/   Tried it 3 times.

Off to look at the new Marc Jacbos #3 new brush for foundation with rave reviews. Ty all for your ideas on the so many brushes mentioned. Happy this worked out for you who love them!

Maybe one day if cheap on eBay later I will get it lol.

Take care everyone and .....wekend.jpg

M.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
New Contributor

i have the oval 6 and oval 8. I like the oval 6 personally a bit better for my foundation and the oval 8 for my powder and bronzer. I bought the set on the Q for my sister as a present because you kept trying to take my oval 6. Smiley Happy I like the mircofiber pad, it says its antimicrobial treated and helps keep brush fresh fighting bacteria. The foam seems to keep my brushes clean so far. I have rinsed them under warm water a few times.     Had them for 5 months and they still look like new.     Looking forward to adding to my collection.    Going to check out the Fluenta ones now!

New Contributor

There is only an Oval 6, Oval 8 and Oval 10.   Nothing between the 8 and 10.    Looks like there might be some day since they left a spot.      I have the 6 and 8.   use the Oval 6 for my foundation and blush.   Use my Oval 8 for power and bronzer.    LOVE these brushes.   Such a soft touch to apply.   Can't wait to add to my collection

New Contributor

looks kinda cheap.  i wonder if the fibers are the same?    design is fine but those fibers in the Artis brushes are the bomb!!!   My makeup never looked this good.     My best friend said when I first used them.   Your look so pretty,  she didnt say your makeup looks good.     

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

Okay my LAST update! I'm sending the Artis Fluentis # 8 foundation brush back to Neiman Marcus...it's no different to me in the way my face looks when using my Tarte and Hourglass and Trish's skunk/stippling foundation brushes then just dabbing off excess gently with a tissue and buffing it in with Tarte's or other brushes I have after applied to get a nice and smooth look.

@BlingQueen and @CoG and others.

I simply can't get used to the arched handle, it seems to apply kind of awkward.. it's not ergonomically sensible to me :/   Tried it 3 times.

Off to look at the new Marc Jacbos #3 new brush for foundation with rave reviews. Ty all for your ideas on the so many brushes mentioned. Happy this worked out for you who love them!

Maybe one day if cheap on eBay later I will get it lol.

Take care everyone and .....wekend.jpg

M.

Thanks for the detailed review, M. The points that you make are the potential concerns I had, which made me decide to stick with my beloved Sedonal Lace synthetic brushes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Uh, make that Sedona Lace, in my above post. Smiley Embarassed

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@ntreadwe wrote:

There is only an Oval 6, Oval 8 and Oval 10.   Nothing between the 8 and 10.    Looks like there might be some day since they left a spot.      I have the 6 and 8.   use the Oval 6 for my foundation and blush.   Use my Oval 8 for power and bronzer.    LOVE these brushes.   Such a soft touch to apply.   Can't wait to add to my collection

ya know I thought the same! if one was maybe in between the 6 and 8  I just may try it...but not now - no way. I am pleased with what I have and I do think the 8 would be better for like powder foundation and like you say how you use it for powder and bronzer most definitely and I'm not into those hardly at all these days with dry skin. I love my Trish and other bronzer brushes hands down the best one is her bronzer brush. Bronzer for me needs to be applied in such diff ways on the face this Artis would not do teh job as I'd like.

@ntreadwe I'm so happy you enjoy these Smiley Wink and @suzyQ3..did not mean to sway ya but this if you are like me with handles kinda awkward and this being rather large ...hope my reveiw helps. See in person if you can? Soon they will be all over and everyone will be making them.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky