Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming TSV--Calista Fauxblo

@SilleeMee wrote:

Looks like the Fauxblo does not have a temp control...?? Is that right??

@SilleeMee    I have an older version of the Fauxblo, and mine has no temperature control.  Maybe the new model will.

like other posters, I have both the Fauxblo and the Perfector.  They work in somewhat different ways.  I don't use either tool for curling, although I think  some do, if they have one with a small diameter.  

I use them for smoothing and I think the Fauxblo is better at this, but you do have to spend more time with it. I've learned how to use it without the glove.  I don't recommend this!

when I'm in a hurry, the Perfector is the better option.  

Honored Contributor

@september 

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. 

I already own a Perfector and also a Revlon One-Step volumizing dryer (it's awesome!). I don't think I can make use of the Fauxblo. Just so you know someone asked about the temp control on the website and the answer was it doesn't have one. It's permanently set at 365'. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks all for your answers. Think I'll let this one go. If it had a temperature control, I might be tempted to try it out to see if the curl it produced was something I would like. However, since it doesn't, think I'd be a little afraid to use it because my hair is so thin and fine. I would prefer the option to lower the temp to protect my delicate hair.

Respected Contributor

Correction:  I am mistaken - the FauxBlo does NOT blow any air.  When I was typing my earlier post, I confused another similar appliance.  Apologies.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@BarbiHollywood 

The Fauxblo is airless so it does not blow any air.

@SilleeMee   Yes, you are correct.  I just this very second posted again correcting what I wrote.  I guess I have so many hair tools that while I typed that I confused myself!  Right, it does not blow air.  Sorry and apologies!